All reviews front desk staff pool towels chain of lakes patio renovation pond snowmobile boat
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We reserved a king room. When we arrived were got a second floor two queen room. The second floor had a shared deck, so you felt like you had to close the curtains because every body walked past your room. When we informed the front desk that we did not get the room we reserved, she said that the people in our room must have extended their stay. No apology, no satisfaction. The room was clean, and grounds were well kept. But the fact that we did not get the room we reserved or any caring from staff that we didn't was a bit disappointing. We will not be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful we had a wonderful time my family spent fathers day weekend and it was perfect. My daughter left her bunny and they sent him home right away they went above and beyond. We will definitely be going back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The room was clean, and opened up to the lake. The service was fine. We did not eat at the restaurant, but the hotel is very close to town so we had many choices.

Be sure to rent a boat and explore the area by boat!

Makes for a lovely weekend in the woods.

Room Tip: I liked the ground floor with the lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We stay here every year! Every detail is attended to, from the front desk staff to the maid service.

They only make decaf on request, so after I asked Carol for it on Friday morning, Carol and Lori made sure there was a decanter for me on Saturday and Sunday morning! Thanks ladies!

I didn’t get the name of the room attendant, but being that we stayed 4 nights and didn’t really need cleaning, she made sure we were stocked with towels, t-paper, shampoo, cups, clean garbage cans, etc.

Our kids went in the hot tub and pool every day of our stay. Although the pool was cold Thursday/Friday, it was heated up for Saturday/Sunday.

Thank you ladies for another wonderful stay in Eagle River! We will be back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We had been to the restaurant at the Eagle River Inn in the past and were not impressed, so when we heard it was remodeled and under new management, we were cautious about returning. When I looked online, I saw a very ordinary menu that looked unimaginative, but the NEW menu has not been added online yet. We had dinner and were surprised and pleased with both the variety on the menu and the quality of food and service. The dining room has been updated with soft lighting and new furniture, but still has the Northwoods casual ambiance. While offering the traditional choices, like steak and prime rib, there were also some interesting alternatives- boned duck breast, scallop and salmon kabobs, ahi tuna, and lamb chops, to name a few. We both had proscuitto-wrapped grilled shrimp and savored it. It was definitely a full meal, with cheese and crisps as a starter, followed by salad. Not only did the salad have many types of lettuce with tomato and a bit of red onion, but there are some special dressings available which are homemade by the chef. Yes, it is clear that this is a chef, and not just a cook. The warm rolls were like petite pain. The vegetable of the day was fried spinach, with a light texture and flavor that even spinach haters might like. In lieu of red potatoes on a skewer or cranberry rice pilaf, I had a side of macaroni and cheese that reminded me of what my mother used to make. We did not consider dessert, since we were quite full. It will be fun to return for another dinner, as well as to sample the breakfast and lunch menus. It's a pleasure to see this restaurant upgraded to offer something more than the typical steak and baked potato. (That's available too, for those that prefer it.)

Stayed: December 2017