Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$126
BestWestern.comUS$126
Hotels.comUS$126
PricelineUS$126
eDreamsUS$126
TraveluroUS$140
All reviews very nice hotel comfortable beds no elevator luxury hotel great place to stay stay there again snowmobile trip pool and hot tub area up to date waffles first floor staff was very friendly and helpful lobby wi race bw champion
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2019

I hate writing reviews like this, but our stay at this hotel was extremely disappointing. I work as a caregiver for a disabled individual
and our experience with this this establishment is among the most disappointing either of us has experienced. After driving for 6 or 7 hours with my client and her child to reach the hotel we were met with a parking lot that was being paved and no idea where to go to check into the hotel. There were absolutely no signs directing hotels guests where to go and we had to have a worker tell us which streets to go down and then we had to drive on a "marked" cow path. The marked cow path had one or two dull orange flags and was extremely bumpy which was incredibly painful for my client and aggravated her chronic pain. We were told by the hotel to park on the gravel which made our walk from the car through an unlocked side door (MAJOR safety concern,) to our room far too much for my client and she almost fell several times. That on top of the pavement fumes triggered an asthmatic episode in my client as well. Our room was intentionally situated right near the front desk to make it easier for my client to walk from the FRONT ENTRANCE. The hotel knew my client was disabled and never extended the common courtesy of calling us or any other guests and alerting them of the repaving situation. We were told we could cancel our reservation, but still have to pay for a room! We were also told that the hotel had just received word from corporate that the driveway needed to be repaved and we were shown a letter dated June 9th from corporate. We didn't come until June 13th, there was enough time to contact hotel guests and inform them of the inconvenience. In addition, there was no manager on site and we had to call corporate to express our upset.
After all was said and done my client wanted to go into the pool with her son to relax and, of course, the pool lift's battery (most other hotels we have been to have had spares) was broken and she was unable to relax in the pool after the rough trip in. We also found a used soap with hair in it in our shower and the yogurt machine at breakfast was broken which was a personal blow to myself being someone who has an autoimmune disease and has to avoid gluten which is prevalent on most menus.
On the upside, the hotel is nicely decorated, the pool was lovely, but it really did nothing to make up for the other frustrations we met along the way.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank H20towngirl
derbyinn, General Manager at Best Western Derby Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2019

Thank you for sharing that you were unhappy with your stay. We try to make all guest very comfortable but sometimes some required maintenance is required to meet standards.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this caused you.

Reviewed 5 June 2019

clean and friendly place with a nice swimming pool and whirlpool and also a sauna. they have a careing staff. they are in a great location in Eagle River wisconsin. Near good restaurants, bars and good fishing lakes with plenty of things to do and places to see.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2019 via mobile

Great place! Very clean , updated, beautiful rooms. Continental breakfast was outstanding. Pool and hot tub areas very clean. Like the open 24 hours with adults only after 10pm. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Barbara the manager deserves a raise. Outstanding service. Easy access to ATV trails. Will definitely return!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2019

My husband ran the Journey's Marathon and we stayed here for 2 nights -- I wish we could've stayed longer! Gorgeous facilities, very helpful staff, the room was very clean, quiet, and spacious and the breakfast had many options. The hotel is located just outside of town so there was no road noise. You're close to the high school (walking distance) and trails!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2019

I stay at this hotel everytime I visit Eagle River. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable.. The staff is friendly and service is excellent. The breakfast is hot and lots of choices. Best value of many hotels I've stayed at.

• Trip type: Travelled on business