“Amazing winter getaway”

The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fontana
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I've always wanted to visit The Abbey Resort, but during the summer the fares seem a little high. But it was my 59th birthday in early January. So, my honey and I decided to get away for a few nights. We were thrilled. The rates off season are so good, and it included breakfast each morning and free access to Avanti Spa. What a great deal! We enjoyed the spa's pool, whirlpool, saunas and fitness center. And the meals were heavenly. I ordered the short ribs with horseradish mashed potatoes at 240 West, and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. My boyfriend had the scallops, his favorite dish. It was excellent too. And the breakfasts at the same restaurant were plentiful, tasty and the staff are so sweet and kind. Our room was in the older part of the resort, but it was still good. One night, they even showed, "Hidden Treasures" in their new theater. It rounded out our night. Thanks again, The Abbey, for a much needed getaway.

Room Tip: We were in building 2, an older building -- but it was close to the spa and the restaurants, etc.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Adrienne S, Marketing Coordinator at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Happy Belated Birthday to you! I am glad to hear that our resort and staff were instrumental to make your celebration memorable. Hopefully, we can celebrate your birthday with you again next year, and the year after that. All the best!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed 11 January 2018

This was our first visit and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! Everything was wonderful from the hotel service at the front desk, to the spa, to Sunday brunch! It was the perfect weekend getaway! We hope to go back for a visit soon!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
AbbeyMarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you! We're so delighted to read about your experience, we're definitely looking forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Luv the Abbey! Not my first trip there, but first review. Always an awesome time. Rooms are clean & comfortable. We usually stay in a room facing the pool, but this time stayed in one facing the Harbor. Both rooms are similar, just different views. Overnight Avani Spa Package is the way to go! Great value! Spa & all its amenities always great. 15 minutes from Lake Geneva. Staff very helpful, especially Alissa (sp) from the front desk. Other staff set up a fire outside for us, since the bar was closing. Highly recommend this place & will definitely return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
AbbeyMarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us again! We appreciate your loyalty and your continued trust in our hotel and our staff. Rest assured that we will do everything it takes to make us deserving of your loyalty!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

It is quite sprawling with little stairways between buildings and hallways-somewhat difficult to get around. The pool was fun but because of the real cold air outside, it was hard to stay warm unless you stayed in the water. The counter person, Monica, was great! However some of her attempts to help us were delayed by apparent miscommunication. It took three tries before we were able to get the 2nd robe that was supposed to be in the room. A real plus for Monica is each time she remembered me by my face despite how busy things were.

Room Tip: use valet to get your stuff moved around
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for you review and for choosing our resort! I am very happy the staff was welcoming and accommodating and that you enjoyed your stay overall. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with several things throughout your stay. This has been communicated to the concerned staff.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Went to this Resort for a small conference and was very disappointed in almost every way. The resort is on a lake and a very lovely location. Checked in and went to my room which was not that easy to find as the resort has many levels and is up/down stairs without elevator access to all floors and sometimes between floors. Was hard to haul trade show items and suit cases, etc. around. My room was OK except for the bed. I am 5.4 which is the average height for a woman and the bed was 4 feet off the floor 3 feet plus off the ground. It was so high, I had to walk my feet up the wall to get in bed. Terribly uncomfortable. But actually the worse part of the stay was the lack of elevators to floors that were imperative to get to with carrying stuff. I would never stay there again. The food was poor, the service was too and in the middle of the night the staff charged my credit card instead of waiting until I checked out. It was the wrong card but they did it and of course, it would be days to see that cleared.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I’m glad that your found our location lovely, as we are the only full-service resort on the shores of Geneva Lake. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. We do indeed have elevator access to all floors and wish you had reached out to our staff for assistance with directions, as they would have been happy to help. We do hope that you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fontana
6.8 km away
12.6 km away
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#8 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to The Abbey Resort & Avani Spa? Share your experiences!