“Great decor, decent food and poor service ”
Review of La Chimenea

La Chimenea
Ranked #19 of 40 Restaurants in Germantown
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

The decor is very nice. We were visited maybe 3 times by our server, had to ask for drink refills and chips. Got the drink but no chips or opportunity to remind him. The tacos had decent flavor but the sides were bland.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Our family has been going to La Chiminea at least once a month for the last 9 years. It is a great place to celebrate your birthday with a wonderful friendly staff and guests who are very satisfied and more than willing to sing along to happy birthday as they smile at your blushing face under this really cool Sombrero! It makes for a nice picture memory. By the way, if you like your Margaritas tasty and strong, you must pay a visit. You see a lot of doggie bags leaving since they not only serve delicious Mexican Cuisine, it is also very generously portioned! Muy bien!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had a great birthday celebration that I wrote up 5 weeks ago. We have been back two times since and neither was good. They told us we can't have the $2 enchalata special on Wednesday because we had the Happyy Hour special. I said your menue "can not combined with other FOOD specials, coupons or Groupons" we didn't have any coupons or Groupons. The manager would only point to the page with the Margaritas. The first review I wrote they allowed us to have the margaritas special and Wednesday $2 special, so I am changing my original rating to terrible. If you look at my reviews I am fair and have never encountered a need to ever go back and change my rating. We brought in two couples and have bills that are well over $300 in three visits here but we will not ever return. I don't blame the server and never skimped on the tip

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I would recommend eating and having a couple frozen margaritas, great family environment also! The food, the service and employees are all awesome, couldn't find a better place to eat in Germantown!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Great Mexican restaurant.
The restaurant is very nicely decorated and beautiful.
The menu is very large with lots of great variety of dishes.
All the dishes were delicious!!!
The food was very nicely plated and very large in size.
The service vice was fantastic! Very accommodating and very fast with a smile.