“Lunch buffet”

Confucius House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 44 Restaurants in Hales Corners
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 December 2015

I have been to this restaurant about 5 times now and it is always delish. Great lunch buffet. They serve about 12 entrees which were all good. The shrimp sub gum was one of my favorites. It had plenty of shrimp, medium not those tiny shrimp some places put out. Egg rolls, egg fu young, beef sub gum, shrimp sub gum, sweet/sour chicken, chicken on a stick, fried rice, cream cheese ragoon, chicken chop suey, chicken kong po, sesame chicken, fruit: grapes, cantalope, pinneapple. 3 different cakes, 3 different ice creams, almond cookies and I am sure I probably left some out. All of these were served on todays buffet and it was really good ! They refill pretty often as well.....I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. If your looking for that heavy sauce with MSG, you will not find it here. I used to think that made all the chinese food really tasty....not anymore. Well worth the price and I will be back soon ! By the way the Sunday buffet usually offers crab legs, which is the next thing I want to try ! Very clean & you can see the entire kitchen thru windows to ensure your meals are prepared in a clean environment which is important to me. The longest we ever had to wait to be seated was about 10 minutes. Overall great experience. Hopefully this review is helpful. sorry for any misspelled words or dishes that are not named correctly !

Reviewed 30 November 2015

This joint used to be so great and tasty BUT now the quality has gone down, yet the prices has gone up. Go figure, I won't go back there anytime soon, nor will many of my friends.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

It had been about 5 years since we had last been to Confucius House. We had always gotten good food there but just hadn't been able to get back. We should have waited longer. It just wasn't as good this time. In fact, it was a step below rather a cut above other Chinese buffets in the area. The offerings are rather limited, which is fine as long as they are well prepared. They for the most part weren't. The egg rolls were greasy, which was a tremendous disappointment because I do so like my egg rolls. The won ton were tasteless, the beef and broccoli was bland. There just wasn't a lot of flavor in anything with the exception of General Tsao's chicken. That had just the right amount of spiciness. And while I don't expect the attentiveness of wait staff that I would at a sit-down meal, the service was more thana bit slow.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

The Confucious House is near my office, so it is a favorite for lunch at least a couple times per month. While busy it is usually not crowded and you are seated quickly. The staff is friendly and accomodating.

I really like their honey chicken and sweet and sour chicken. The crab rangoon are also very good. The staff does a good job of refilling the buffet before any item runs out.

Overall its nothing fancy but a good choice for a reasonably priced good Chinese buffet

Reviewed 30 July 2015

All shrimp dishes have mealy shrimp not fresh.
Been there a number of times and things don't change. Done with them.