All reviews fish fry nelson server deck lake pontoon
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Located right on Lake Namekagon with easy boat and road access , friendly staff cold beer and excellent comfort food. Wonderful family atmosphere with convenient location to surrounding events . A must see while in the Cable area.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ltwiggs2017
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Decided to try another place recommended by friends.
As we arrived we realized we had been there years ago.
We arrived fairly early in the evening, and the bar was full of locals enjoying conversation and Fish Fry.
This was our first time for their Fish Fry. Definitely not disappointed.
We had a table with an unobstructed lake view.
I ordered a beer and my wife had a glass of her favorite wine. Service was prompt and friendly. Our fish choice was the senior's portion which was adequate.
Check out was quick and very "painless".
We put it on our list to return.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

We drove out to Four Seasons for lunch - hearing that their deck has great views of Nelson Lake. Although the parking lot is situated between the deck and the lake, it's still a great setting. Amy, our server, was friendly and funny, and our food was better than the average pub food in the lakes area. My hubby had a burger and fries, and I had the nachos grande - both were freshly made and tasty. We also saw a few boats arrive and tie up to the dock and the folks came up for food and drinks. A nice outing from all the people in Hayward, quiet and beautiful. If you need to get away from people for a bit, or just want a nice setting by the lake for a relaxing meal, Four Seasons is a great option. Signage could be improved to find it - but worth the drive.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016

We heard the fish fry was really top notch so decided to try it. We sat out on the deck where they had several tables & the server was prompt in coming to take our order. I will say it was quick, but when she brought the cole slaw & rolls, she didn't bring silverware or butter, so we sat looking at our food. My husband decided he'd go inside & look for silverware which he found, but we waited until the server came back again with the rest of our food to ask for butter. I'm guessing she usually works inside, not the deck,as she mentioned that she was used to having all those things set up. I had ordered potato pancakes with my fish & they were pretty good, but looked like hash brown patties. The baked fish I had with hollandaise sauce was good & a large piece and my husband said his breaded all you can eat fish was pretty good too. Overall, we rate it as an average fish fry & will probably try another place next time. The atmosphere outside was nice, having the lake visible from your dinner table.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Four Seasons offers a great vacation spot for those looking for a nice spot on the lake with the bonus of an on-site restaurant and bar. This is a popular spot on the lake and you'll rarely find the place empty. Jar and Lori keep the place nice and clean and are very welcoming and accommodating. Bonus - you can put your boat in the water on-site. Nelson Lake is hopping with water sports and pontoon cruisers but offers good fishing as well. Get up early to secure your spot at one of the beach areas around the lake, they go fast! We love our annual Four Seasons vacation!

Room tip: If you want a cabin, call early, they are popular! The motel offers great rooms with close proximity to the lake and a beautiful view.
Date of stay: July 2016