“Loud!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Supper Club
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Went there with my Wife and another couple Saturday night. The food was average and overpriced, my 30.00 rib eye was dry and tasteless. We had hoped to have a nice conversation with friends that we had not seen in awhile but the acoustics along with the tables being crammed in tight together and a very loud table of couples that didn't understand the meaning of inside voice level that was impossible. This was my second visit here and needless to say my last.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I hate to give a poor review when we had so many things stacked against us but I hope this review can help the establishment and other diners.
First: Our group of 8 people (4 couples) arrived after 8:30 (maybe pretty close to 9pm) on a Friday night. We asked at the bar if we could still get seated and a woman I can only assume is the owner said no problem so we got drinks and waited to be seated. Not too long of a wait very nice staff to start out with.
Second: We can be a little loud at times there are 8 of us...I only say this to give the place the benefit of the doubt. Once we were seated things stopped happening. There were Zero drink refills. Any drink you wanted you had to get up and go to the bar yourself. Not the end of the world but our first round was over $50...and we would have been perfectly content to order like that repeatedly throughout the night. A wasted opportunity for the waitstaff.
Third: The waitress really didn't want to wait on us. She made that clear from the beginning by being a little short with the first person to order when she said they were out of the soup and he said well that really isn't an option then (not in a combative way). She didn't give suggestions when we asked questions. She didn't try to upsell us on anything. She did bring a very nice relish tray and put it on the table...didn't say anything about it but put it there.
Then we had a long wait. Not a big deal to us at all as we expected that and really enjoy each other's company. A long thirsty wait. There wasn't a single time when a drink was refilled. I mean not even a water. Ok. Fine. Our salads came out ok. Mine had the sticker of the tomato still on it. Fine. I moved it to a different plate and was going to say something discreetly to the waitress about it but she actually barked something to the effect "what do you want whats wrong" at my husband--no joke. So we both just said nothing and went on with our meal--seriously I only wanted to say something so it wouldn't happen to someone else. The rest of the food was okay. Some people in the group said it was pretty good. I just wanted to leave at that point.
They were very quick to get us our checks and we left.
I'm sure we were loud and obnoxious in their eyes...but we enjoy dining out and are willing to spend a lot of money to do it...

2  Thank fortjacksonmom
Reviewed 3 December 2017

The Ranch did not impress me. The Prime Rib was so-so, not much flavor, wife said steak she had was tender. Service was outstanding, probably will not go back.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We were in the area and remembered we came here long ago and wanted to experience a nice meal in the familiar area. Well, the staff was very friendly and attentive. Our meals were so, so and some disappointing. The atmosphere was dark and not very inviting. Probably will pass it up on the next trip through..

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This place was just what I was looking for in a northern Wisconsin supper club. A cozy cabin like atmosphere welcomes you along with friendly staff, and yes there were real cloth napkins on the table.
The relish tray was a nice touch that is not seen very often anymore. The prime rib and steaks were cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. Everything was served at the proper time and reasonably priced. New goto place in Hayward.

1  Thank Russell B

Been to The Ranch? Share your experiences!