“Really good local meat market”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Edge at Rivers Edge Meat Market
Ranked #11 of 23 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This is a great local meat market with lots to offer, from fresh meat to homemade cheese spread and sausage they have something for everyone. This market offers deer processing and also has a greenhouse in the spring summer and is the place for your fresh Christmas trees and wreaths during the holidays.

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Rivers Edge has continued their reputation for being an excellent place to shop for meat as and cheeses. They have expanded into a mini grocery store and restaurant as well. Don't drive by without stopping, it's a new gem in Jefferson.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

We had their meat, cookies, and other desserts. Great tasting and I kept checking the prices as they were so reasonable. Staff was friendly and helpful too.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

They have a selection of meats like no where else. Brats in numerous flavors and excellent steaks. My son bought some strip steaks and grilled them on charcoal-better than a $25 steak in the restaurant. A large section of marinades and spices. The people are helpful and very friendly. We spent 45 minutes just browsing everything until our frustrated son grabbed our arm and pulled us out of there.

Reviewed 8 December 2014

I have been trusting River’s Edge Meat Market for all of my venison processing needs for approximately the last six years. Unfortunately over the course of the last two-three years I have seen a drastic decline in their ability to provide quality butchering and a trusted product. When I have my deer processed, my only request is to have the tenderloin and back straps packaged, roasts packaged, and the remaining meat put in to hamburger… nothing fancy. As of recently, I’ve thrown away approximately 1/3 of every roast every time I attempted to use one due to an overabundance of fat and gristle. I have NO IDEA where they decided to pull these “roasts” from on the animal. Every deer I have PERSONALLY processed revealed a minimal amount of fat or gristle anywhere near the shoulder or rump roasts.
When I called and spoke to someone at River’s Edge I was informed they were only de-boning deer this year, so the incompetent butchering problem would no longer be an issue. So, let me get this straight… instead of “fixing” the problem by hiring competent butchers, you simply provide less of a service to the customer for close to the same cost?? Well played, River’s Edge… well played. I will no longer be utilizing your shop for any of my venison processing needs.