“Food was bad, people are nice. ”
Review of The Coffee Pot

The Coffee Pot
Ranked #8 of 265 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Went to have breakfast there this morning. Upon walking in noone greeted us, no sign about where to go or anything. Finally i waived someone down and asked where to sit. They roughly replied anywhere and kept going. After being asked by 3 wait staff if we were ready to order I placed an order for biscuits gravy, cornbeefhash, and hash browns. I had to ask several times for a straw and seemed to be a nuisance to all that work here. The hash browns tasted like stale grease and were soggy after I ordered extra crispy, the hash was burned black. On top of that my food was set down and then finally 7 minutes later my husband was handed his food. Just not worth it. If I wanted to be treated like a jerk I'd go to franks diner where at least the food is good and they are funny! Save your time, money, and taste buds from this place.

3  Thank Amandaellenmeyer86

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I was there with friends earlier in the summer but the wait to sit outside was too long so we sat indoors. I was up early today so I figured I'd be early enough to beat the crowds and sit outside. Although there were open tables outside and nobody waiting and it was before 8 am, I was told I couldn't sit at a table because I was alone. They said I'd have to sit at the bar. I'm an older woman and perching on a barstool didn't look like a comfortable place to eat a Sunday breakfast, so I quietly left. I understand that a business doesn't want to seat one person at a table where they could seat four because they make more money off of four than one, but isn't that the cost of doing business? Most restaurants must think so because that's never happened to me before.

6  Thank CarrieGoes
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great food and pretty good prices. Slightly crowded, but I feel it's worth it. A sweet spot to enjoy mimosa's and watching the crowds scurry around downtown Kenosha !

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Diner-style place with quality food and friendly service. Small inside but nice outdoor seating if the weather permits. Only open for breakfast and lunch. Great hangout for the local crowd: groups, couples, or solo. Would highly recommend it for out-of-town visitors looking for a casual meal while exploring Kenosha. CASH ONLY.

1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

While traveling to the area, a couple on our flight recommended this restaurant as the place to go in Kenosha; they were not wrong. We loved how this place has a feeling of history about it. We chose to wisely to be seated outside on this beautiful late summer day. I ordered the sausage percolator and a half order of biscuits and gray; my wife ordered the stuffed French toast. The food was really tasty and the coffee bold. WARNING: This restaurant is cash only. This is the type of place you could come to regularly, enjoy a leisurely meal and relax.

2  Thank rehclass