“Great food”

Danny's Cafe
Ranked #83 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I've been here several times, I've tried different things from biscuits and gravy, the skillet, to their corn beef hash. It's all good!! I recommend going early to avoid the rush.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I've eaten at Danny's since I was a kid, it's my favorite place to go to for breakfast! Now I bring my son here and he loves it as much as I do.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I came here because of all of the great reviews...and I wish I could agree with them! I wanted a good, quick breakfast in a nice atmosphere, and I don't mind paying a little more for that.

The good: fast seating despite how busy the restaurant was, fast service, large portions. I had an omelette and it was pretty good. The 4 egg western omelette was nice and filling for me! It was what I expected as far as taste goes...not amazing, but tasty enough and filling.

The rest: the wheat toast was not really toasted, but I ate it and it was ok. The hash browns would have been ok, had I not explicitly ordered them "extra extra crispy". And I stressed the crispy part to my server and she acknowledged my request while taking my order. However, outside of a little browning on the edges, they were, in my opinion, just warmed up. I would normally send them back but the restaurant was busy and the omelette was filling enough for me. Also, it's pretty tight in there and the decor is dated. Does that really matter? No, but it is a fact. I'll eat in a hole in the wall if the food is good enough!

Overall my experience is so-so. If this is the best breakfast place in Kenosha then the residents of this fair city are missing out! Apparently they don't know better...

1  Thank Dubya007
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Danny's is a favorite for us for breakfast. Extremely popular place on the weekend, so plan to get there early or have to wait a bit for a table. There isn't a waiting area, so if it's not nice enough to wait outside, you have to crowd around tables waiting. The food is worth the wait and usually comes very quickly after you order. Generous portions. Omelets and the skillet are my favorites - you can always order a smaller portion of each (even though this isn't noted on the menu).

2  Thank wiginn
Reviewed 16 April 2016

Freshly shredded hashbrowns. Perfect pancakes. Super fast service. Feels like it's been taken from my small hometown & dropped in Kenosha. Danny's is always our first choice for breakfast because it is consistently delicious and easy on the wallet.

1  Thank Julie K