“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Danny's Cafe

Danny's Cafe
Ranked #58 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Went for lunch with my husband and son. Food was nothing special. They close at 1 and we saw them turn their sign at 12:20 turning down customers already. I would have to try their breakfast as I have heard that is good, but lunch was nothing outstanding.

There are newer reviews for Danny's Cafe

Reviewed 8 December 2016

One of the better breakfasts in town is the good news, bad news is they are not afraid to charge!! Bacon, eggs, potatoes and coffee are considerably more expensive than most places in town. Good quality though!!!!

1  Thank karl a
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I've been here several times, I've tried different things from biscuits and gravy, the skillet, to their corn beef hash. It's all good!! I recommend going early to avoid the rush.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I've eaten at Danny's since I was a kid, it's my favorite place to go to for breakfast! Now I bring my son here and he loves it as much as I do.

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

I came here because of all of the great reviews...and I wish I could agree with them! I wanted a good, quick breakfast in a nice atmosphere, and I don't mind paying a little more for that.

The good: fast seating despite how busy the restaurant was, fast service, large portions. I had an omelette and it was pretty good. The 4 egg western omelette was nice and filling for me! It was what I expected as far as taste goes...not amazing, but tasty enough and filling.

The rest: the wheat toast was not really toasted, but I ate it and it was ok. The hash browns would have been ok, had I not explicitly ordered them "extra extra crispy". And I stressed the crispy part to my server and she acknowledged my request while taking my order. However, outside of a little browning on the edges, they were, in my opinion, just warmed up. I would normally send them back but the restaurant was busy and the omelette was filling enough for me. Also, it's pretty tight in there and the decor is dated. Does that really matter? No, but it is a fact. I'll eat in a hole in the wall if the food is good enough!

Overall my experience is so-so. If this is the best breakfast place in Kenosha then the residents of this fair city are missing out! Apparently they don't know better...

1  Thank Dubya007

Been to Danny's Cafe? Share your experiences!