“Vietnamese food in Kenosha”
Review of Saigon Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Saigon Cafe
Ranked #152 of 250 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the service and food. The atmosphere and music is a little out of character but just having the option for Vietnamese food in Kenosha was fun. Nothing outstanding, nothing substandard. Tried a BanMi, chicken curry and spring rolls. Slightly small portions for the price but not expensive.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I was the only one in the dining room. Brought my newspaper. Ordered Kung Pao Beef. I ordered the fried rice in place of white rice. It comes with a veggie egg roll. The beef was tender. The veggies were chopped small and the sauce was outstanding. There lunch menu is from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.. They also serve Vietnamese sandwiches, Pho soups, curry chicken, etc. Worth trying at least once. It is a happy treat. The dining area is very clean.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Pho is an art. It's a viet street food that takes days to make. This place serves brown water. It's tasteless and not even hot. The raw steak was little bits of ground up beef. The beef balls were gross. The waitress was totally interested in NOT waiting in tables. And some doofus looking guy behind the counter was more interested in his phone than seating me.
Really don't bother....

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This restaurant moved and changed names (same owners we think) so we thought we would give it a try since we liked the old place. The menu has expanded to include Vietnamese dishes in addition to the Chinese dishes we liked at the old location. We had Sweet & Sour Chicken and Garlic Beef. Both tasted about the same as at the old location which means they were good. The new location doesn't quit have the same atmosphere as the old location, feels a bit more fast casual than elegant dining.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

When I first reviewed this restaurant in 2012, it was a newer business that served only Vietnamese cuisine. I learned that the owners also ran the Panda Chinese restaurant in Kenosha. Since then, they closed the latter and melded it into one restaurant which serves both Vietnamese and traditional Chinese cuisine. I find it to be the best Chinese food in Kenosha (note, I stated Kenosha and not the best Chinese that I have had, as Chicago and the Northern Suburbs have some brilliant establishments). The chicken Pho is my "go to" when I am not feeling well, It is tasty and soothing. Moreover, the portion is such that I am fed for two days. The Chicken with Vegetables entree is my favorite on any occasion. The vegetables are always very fresh and crisp and the chicken is cooked well. It is a tasty dish. I also have favored their wonton soup, however the last time it was extremely salty. In the past it has been very good. I intend to order it again in the near future and hopefully it will be as it once was: perhaps that specific batch was excessively salted by accident. Overall, I find that this is the best place for Chinese food in Kenosha. The service is always prompt, the restaurant itself is quite clean and the food is good.