“Saturday lunch ”

The Royal Oak Country Pub & Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: This Beautiful 17th Century pub boasts a strong historical heritage with large gardens and stunning views of the South Downs. Our team extend a warm welcome to you at The Royal Oak in West Lavington, Midhurst. Located a short distance from the Goodwood Estate near Chichester and the Cowdray Estate near Midhurst, this rural village is the ideal setting for our charming English Country pub. The perfect spot for a splendid escape to enjoy British Cuisine, Cask Ales, Delicious Wines and our log fire burner for those cosier nights. We proudly source from local producers and foragers, changing our menus to suit the availability of "in season" fayre from field to fork.
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times. Food quality good esp the steaks and salads. Not too far from the South Downs so a great place to stop on way back into Midhurst.

Staff friendly and helpful as always and will happily go back.

Only small issue is the manner in which you order food i.e. You can only order food once people who arrived previously have ordered theirs.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We visited on a car run there were 16 of us for lunch and when we arrived the staff very friendly and polite. We ordered from the menu a variety of dishes and the food arrived very quick and all together, everyone enjoyed the food.
The royal oak is set in a stunning area.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We did drop in on a sunny Monday evening and sat outside.
The food didn't take too long to come out and was excellent and very well presented, a nice cold glass of wine with a stunning view on a summers evening, its what dreams are made of... well I will be dreaming of it for a lot longer ! !

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Having scouted the area we thought we'd try the Royal Oak. Very nicely situated and pleasant decor. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Food was good as was the service. All in all a very nice early evening meal had by all.

Julian S, Owner at The Royal Oak Country Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. Thanks

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I popped in for a Saturday lunch with a friend. The food has normally been ok there in the past. I ordered the 6oz rump steak and chips, my friend ordered the chicken burger. Neither of these options is particularly cheap at £11 & £11.50 respectively. My steak did not look like a steak - it looked like a burger. When I put my fork in it, it just came apart, like a burger. I had ordered it rare - parts of it were rare, parts were medium, parts were over done. The chips were a soggy mess. Nothing was seasoned. My friends chicken burger was also unseasoned and bland. For this kind of price I would have expected at least a little bit of garnish, and some care to have been taken with the presentation. I did mention to the waitress that I thought the meat had been minced like a burger and was not a steak. She was quite condescending as she informed me that it definitely was a steak. I won't be going back to eat in there. I've tasted better food in McDonald's.