“" Ribs and Great Sunset "”

Mars Resort Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #17 of 104 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Classic Wisconsin Supper Club nestled on the shores of Lake Como in Lake Geneva Wisconsin. Mars first opened in 1923 and was remodeled in 2016 with brand new extended patio seating descending to Mar's private beach. For nearly a century people have enjoyed themselves at Mars Resort. Weekly events including live piano bar Friday & Saturday, live music on the beach, Friday fish fry, ribs nights, and more. This is truly one of the hidden gems of Lake Geneva WI for family fun, a romantic sunset dinner, live music on the beach, great food, fantastic drinks at the bar, and more. We invite you to join us out here! Everyone is welcome.
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I had not been here for a few years and I brought a bunch of friends here for drinks and dinner and it was awesome. The waitresses we had were Kim outside for the beautiful sunset and just drinks, and then Sam for our meal inside and both were very friendly just nice people. And the Bartender Jill was great and a little under 6' 2" with a great personality.

Now for the food I had to have the ribs that were as great as they have been for years and I had the Potato pancakes too. Most of my guys had Ribs with Chicken and when they tasted the ribs they said they wish they just the ribs. The special of the night was Swordfish one of my favorites and I was tempted to go with the Swordfish but I went with the ribs great choice for me. The Ribeye looked really good too.

3  Thank RadfordC

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I have been going to this part of Wisconsin for 50 years and this place has always been here—some times better than others. Have to say that they are on the ascent. Have done some sprucing up of the property. We went for Friday fish fry and were very favorably pleased with the unlimited cod—deep fried, but lightly battered, fresh grease, and plenty without having to ask for more. Potato pancakes no nicely flavored with onions. Drinks very reasonable and place very crowded. Have baked fish for evening meal.

1  Thank Lee F
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This appears to be a local hang out. When we were there the bar area was full and everyone seemed to know everyone else. The food was good and the service was fast and friendly. Prices were very reasonable compared to the restaurants located in downtown Lake Geneva.
This place has a great water view and there are tables located outside and inside. It certainly could use updating. Everything is old and worn out but serviceable. If you want to get a flavor of how the locals dine I would recommend this place.

1  Thank lvsmitty1
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I had no idea this place existed. I overheard someone mention this in passing by the pool at my hotel. So happy that we decided to go here for dinner and drinks. Get there early because you will have a good one hour wait at least. Great ambiance, music, drinks, food was delicious. Beautiful sunshine. We enjoyed this gem on the water. We plan on being repeat customers!!!

1  Thank dubblezero
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I'm hesistant to give this place a 5 star review because it will get even more popular!!!
They have updated and cleaned up the place, not to mentioned created a great outside area on a little beach. The classic ambiance is still there along with the "old school" Piano bar, captains chairs and tables and the "famous" large format back-lit photo prints of Lake Geneva. Those photos by Vern and Alice Hackett, are a piece of Lake Geneva history, originally hung in the Hotel Clair in downtown Lake Geneva, which is now the Landmark Center. Everything is great. Ribs are the specialty, but burgers, veggie basket, and just the whole menu is great. Did I mention the sunsets? Yeah, it's a thing and it's good! Expect a wait if you go on a busy weekend or holiday, but then just get a drink or two and look at the lake and enjoy. Not a supper club, just an old fashioned place on the lake.

1  Thank brownieLuv2trvl