“Leisurely breakfast”
Review of Dali's Cafe

Dali's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Had a great breakfast here today. Crepes and eggs Benedict and eggs florentine were excellent as was the coffee and friendliness of the staff. They were fairly busy and seemed understaffed but luckily we had the time to wait and the atmosphere was nice so it was no problem. Menu was extensive. We will definitely return

2  Thank Compsncakes

Reviewed 19 November 2016

Absolutely outstanding new breakfast/lunch spot in Manitowoc. This is not your typical diner, for starters, the coffee is top-notch medium body wake-you-up and keeps you asking for refills. My first cup of coffee put an immediate smile on my face, the kind of coffee you treat yourself to when you're not making it at home with much body and boldness. As I sipped my coffee, I paid attention to the food rolling out to other tables and immediately spotted what looked like eggs benedict. It looked amazing so I opted to order the eggs Florentine, 2 poached eggs on top of spinach, tomato and topped with an elegant house made hollandaise sauce. I was very pleased, eggs were poached to perfection and delicate and smooth. The sauce was rich but light, meaning not thick, but thinner and classy. My egg choice also came with fried Yukon gold home fried potatoes in cube shape. The potatoes were out of this world and I wanted more - crisp yet soft enough and not greasy. I sampled my families potato pancakes, bacon, and mickey mouse pancake with sausage links. Listen folks, you gotta stop by and get a meal here. We chatted with the owners, a young hard working family aiming to please the local community - and yes they're still looking for more waitresses and more help in the kitchen. This place has success written all over it. From the food, to the work ethic, to the newly renovated space, this is a winner - I'll be back soon. I'm a frequent flyer in the area due to family. Keep up the great work! Stop by, stroll the shops of 8th street for the holidays and get breakfast or lunch, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Jean M
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Great new look inside this building with plenty of food options to chose from. I like the fast friendly service too!

Reviewed 9 November 2016

My husband and I went for breakfast, and we're seated right away. The hostess asked if we wanted coffee, we both said yes. After 10 minutes with no coffee, we flagged down a waitress to get some. We ordered our food right then, and we waited 30 minutes with no offer of coffee refills. The food was actually good. Then we finished eating and waited another 15 minutes for our check. We ended up leaving cash on the table to pay the bill because there was no cashier around and we had already been there for an hour. Only one waitress for each half of the restaurant is definitely not enough. Hope they get help soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Just some notes on my experience today. First when entering, no one greeted us and we did not know whether to be seated or wait. We did finally see a very small sign that said to wait. None of the workers stand behind it gave any indication. After a bit of a wait in a nearly empty place, we were seated and ordered coffee while looking at the menu. The coffee was quite good. We placed our order. Then I noticed that it became very quite in the place and that the emergency lights had come on on the EXIT sign. We continued to enjoy the coffee. After many more minutes passed, our waitress said that their power had gone out temporarily. We looked down the street and the stop and go lights were working and the other buildings had power and wondered what had happened. I went out to the car for my glasses and saw that everyone else had power, so thought it would probably be a short wait. Well after about ten minutes more, we decided that we would go elsewhere as it was a busy day ahead. Stood up and told the waitress we would go ahead and go. I was thought that due to our inconvenience surely the coffee would be gratis and I would just leave a nice tip for her troubles. But wait - out pops a pocket calculator and $4 was the charge with no apology. Good thing I had cash as they had no way to charge this. I am sorry their power was out. But, I felt that the way this was handled was a bad reflection on the place. I will give them another chance and then post an updated review.

2  Thank Wohali50