“Been going here for a while”
Review of Silver Creek Park

Silver Creek Park
Reviewed 28 September 2016

The people of Manitowoc are fortunate to have many fine parks in the city. Silver Creek Park is no exception. There is a very nice disc golf course that meanders through the woods. The lighthouse hole is the hole from hell. If you overshoot the net, your frisbee could easily end up in the lake. I have fond memories of this park from when I was a kid. We used to go to the south end of the park and shoot our 22 rifles. But this is a different age, don't try to do that these days. Silver Creek has the best beaches in Manitowoc. It has areas that are wild enough to do some serious birding. I find it a bit amusing that people have stopped playing disc golf. They are now obsessed with Pokemon Go, so the park is very quiet these days. But today I picked up a bag of trash. Apparently "Swinus Americanus" (my name for litter bugs) are still present there. Red Bull cans, and broken bottles on the beach. It always mystifies me why "people" trash out places of beauty; and what kind of knuckledragger breaks glass on a beach? All that aside, this is a premier park. It is a wonderful place to spend a few peaceful hours. It is surprisingly unused, or, at least, underused. Take a picnic, lay out on the beach and, if you're brave enough, swim in the lake (brrr!). Did I mention that I saw a hooded merganser today where Silver Creek meets Lake Michigan...nice.

3  Thank Calicoboy