“Best cheese curds!”

Late's
Ranked #27 of 110 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Small diner feel but the food is great....warning it is greasy but the good tasting greasy! Cheese curds are a must get if you come here!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

It has the adorable atmosphere of a verrrrrryyy small town diner with a u-shaped counter dominating the center of the room. My husband got the cheeseburger and I ordered the perch dinner. Both were middling to down right terrible. I'm not sure the perch was cooked at all or maybe it was way overcooked, either way, it did not have a texture that could be bitten or eaten. We ordered the curds as they were mentioned by others, and yes, if you are happy dining strictly on curds, they were fine. Nothing special but good. But the rest of the meal, including the malts, was not so good. I probably wouldn't even bother writing a review for this little place except there were so many seemingly good reviews that steered us here and I just wanted to balance it out with a bit of reality. There are definitely better dives in Manitowoc.

1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 29 June 2015

We stopped by after the marathon for some fired curds. We had curds from several spots in town but these were the best!

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Burgers and fries are good, a little over priced though. However the service was terrible during lunch time, "Do u know what u want" really!!!!!!! will not be returning anytime soon, and I live 4 blocks away.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

What a classic! You expect to see Andy Griffith and Ron Howard at the Formica counter. A time capsule of delight that I hope never ever changes.