“Date night”

A&W Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 109 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

Always fun to step back in time with a visit to A&W. Quick service, always clean & in summer it fun to have the orders brought out to ur car like years ago! And of course don't forget your root beer & the floats! Yum!

Reviewed 13 February 2015

I purchased a gallon gift certificate from the Lake 98.1 and went to purchase my gallon of rootbeer. The root beer was filled in a plastic gallon jug and only filled about 80% of the way. I realize soda has carbonation but I did not receive a gallon. I inquired if I could get a glass one instead but I would have to pay out of pocket and my gift certificate could not be used. Not a huge deal but I wasn't impressed. I have no clue for when the root beer is good til that label was not added nor shared with me. While the resturant was clean and there was fun oldies music playing I was not impressed.

2  Thank Melissa Z
Reviewed 3 December 2014

I'm really not into fast food but, once in a while I do like to get a fish sandwich with cheese curds from A&W. The sandwich is pretty good its not slapped together and squished down like other places like to give you. The cheese curds I think are fantastic and worth going to A&W just for them. The restaurant is on the smaller side, plays 50 music and has retro 50's artwork. The store is not spotless nor is it filthy. The service is always fast and friendly. Only thing I do not like is when they bring your food to you and you pay with a credit card they run your card and ask you to push a button for a tip or not a tip. Maybe its just me but, kind of makes me feel obligated to leave a tip. The other cool thing is they do have the old style drive up. so if you don't want to leave your car,truck or van you don't have to. Oh I also forgot to mention that the floats are great as is the rootbeer.

1  Thank mike r
Reviewed 20 November 2014

There's not much to dislike, this is a retro style diner, driveup.
If the Packer's score, they've $1.27 EddieBurgers

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The service is always fast and friendly with consistently good food. It is a pain to pay for your food when they bring it to your table but it is policy.

2  Thank DavidB51