“affordable, American Traditional Food (warteg)”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #88 of 110 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 September 2017

The food is affordable , casual dining restaurant
The weather was cold and we were very hungry, this restaurant when it looked cozy and helped us to warm the body and eat more ....

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I love almost all of their menu, it ids so good and I use the calorie counter to keep myself on the straight and narrow. WE eat there often

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Two of my friends and I ate at Applebee's and celebrated a birthday for one of us. As usual, when we entered, my glasses had darkened and I could not see anything. It would be greatly appreciated if the few steps we had to go up were lighted.

We chose a booth, but it was too crowded - that is, their was only an inch between myself and the table. My two other friends who are really quite thin, had the same problem. So, the waitress nicely seated us at a table. That was nice of her. However, now the air conditioning was blowing right on us.

We ordered our food. When it came, mine was excellent in taste, but a little out of proportion - for me, at least. There was a large serving of tasty grilled chicken breast, and only a small serving of rice to go with it.

The big problem was with the birthday person. She ordered 3 items and only two came. Unfortunately, it was soup and the order she wanted to take home for someone else. So, she had nothing to eat but the soup. The other two of us offered portions of our meals. But she didn't really want that to eat. The soup had apparently been sitting awhile under the heat because it had formed a ring around the edge. The take-home of macaroni was dry and very unappetizing. Not nearly enough cheese. When the bill came, she had been charged for all 3 items even though only 2 came. The wait staff adjusted her bill, but needless to say, her meal was less than a good birthday lunch.

In addition to that, everything was sticky. The little computer that sits on the table to take our credit cards was so sticky I hated to touch it. I finally did, but when I entered my email address, there was no @ key. So, I cancelled my receipt. Then I had to sign with my finger - not a pen or stylus - but with my finger on that sticky surface. And signing with your finger is terribly awkward and there isn't enough room to sign it as you would a normal signature. It looks like a child's scribbling.

When I went to the restroom there is a ramp with a hand rail on each side which is nice. But, the railing was so sticky, I didn't want to touch it. Worse, I had to touch it on my way back to our table after washing my hands. The restroom floor was slippery and I had to walk carefully. It was humidity in the air most likely. But, I would think the air conditioner would take care of that. A wet floor sign or someone wiping it with a dry mop occasionally would have helped.

I don't think we will go back there anytime soon.

1  Thank Charlene H
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 5:20pm. It's now 6:10pm and our meal still hasn't been brought to the table! Waitress informed us that there are 3 managers helping in the kitchen to assist the cooks who are slow and there busy. First of all, it's not busy in here! She just forgot to put the order in. 2 couples AFTER us were served, fed, and out the door before our food was even to the table. After hearing our waitresses life stories about being late for work and her kids, her money problems...we had enough and couldn't wait to leave! I don't think I will be back there! So annoying!

1  Thank Patti F
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

The food was hot and good had burgers and took half home. They offer a variety of sides even for those counting calories

1  Thank Eileen V