“Very Good Breakfast”

Perkins Family Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #13 of 110 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2017

We had a very nice waitress for our Saturday morning breakfast. Our meals were biscuits and gravy, a large breakfast burrito that came with hash browns, and a cinnamon roll. Everything was served fresh and hot and we had more than we could eat. The price was fair and we would stop here for breakfast again.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

This is a restaurant I always try to enjoy at least one meal at when I am in Manitowoc. The food is always the same, good, hot and well made

Reviewed 10 December 2016

Went about 7:00 pm on a Friday night for a stack of pancakes.
The place was half empty. After being seated I waited for about
ten minutes before a server came to take my order of just pancakes
and coffee. The coffee came but not the pancakes. 32 minutes after
I was seated I was finally served. And when the pancakes arrived they
were not hot so the butter could melt. I mentioned this to the server
and the manager as I was paying my bill and he asked me: was everthing
OK. I shared with him my experience, and asked if they were short-handed
in the Kitchen. He said no! but could not explain why it took so long.
He was very gracious and was willing to give me a discount. I declined,
because that was not my purpose in sharing with him my long wait.

Needless, to say I WAS DISAPPOINTED

p.s. It could have been the waiter fault for this long wait??

Reviewed 20 November 2016

I love Perkins but the only two I go to which have the best service, food and wonderful attention to customers is in Kenosha off of Highway 50 and this one on Calumet Avenue in Manitowoc. It is a warm, friendly atmosphere with exceptional waiters and food cooked exactly the way you expect. Although I don't eat the Bakery goods, the counter is loaded with the most tasty home-baked treats daily and people take home boxes of muffins, cookies, pies, you name it. But what makes this place stand out among many Perkins which have not succeeded is that they honestly care about the customer and provide really warm, at-home service which is welcoming and positive. If you're in a bad mood, just stop by this Perkins on Calumet and order pie and coffee, and you will be made to feel right at home. Whoever runs this restaurant totally "gets it", that the food and the service must meet a particular level of expectation and the management is not lackluster here in any fashion. They value the client and they also enjoy having their waiters or waitresses chat with the customers, offer more coffee, give great attention to the tables, etc. So in the state of Wisconsin, this is undoubtedly one of the best Perkins operations available. People drive great distances to stop here and as mentioned, the only other one which comes close is the one in Kenosha. This is truly a great dining experience!

Reviewed 29 October 2016

This Perkins opens early (5:30 am) and has wonderful skillets and omelets. The muffins are delicious and huge. I usually get a muffin to go and I can cut it in half to get two later snacks out of it while I am hiking in Door County. I have been at this Perkins many times (at least five times in the last two years) and I have always had excellent food and great service.