“We will return”
Review of Ryan's on York

Ryan's on York
Ranked #8 of 110 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I was here for lunch with friends. They have a large beer selection. Great atmosphere and awesome service. We ordered food. Two out of three loved the food. Mine was only okay. I had the veggie burger. It tasted like smoky BBQ. It was super flat and appeared to be deep fried. Very bizarre for a veggie burger. I was hungry so I ate it. My order of fries was a little skimpy. My friends had the wings and a shrimp pasta dish. There is quite a bit of meat on the wings. I was able to taste the shrimp pasta dish. YUM. I will return just for that.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Went in to get some food on the way to my hotel. The atmosphere was well a bar; however the menu had some real diversity that I was not expecting in small town Wisconsin. The San Francisco bowl was exceptional and had a good amount of spice. Very much a good place to get a good bit to eat and have a drink.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

I loved this place! Nice little bar but not typical bar food. Had a great variety and my meal was delicious.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Diverse menu, great burgers, quite a selection of different types of fries. Not typical bar food. Daily specials, good homemade and unique soups. Bankok Burger, Bahn Mi, Traditional Burger, Firecracker Shrimp, Spicy Chicken Bowl, House Fries, and York Classic Fries were all delicious. Creamy Tomato soup during our last visit; very light for a cream soup, loaded with fresh tomatoes. HUGE bowl, served with good bread. Servers are busy multitasking, but this is a bar after all, and they do take good care of you. Tiny kitchen causes a bit of a wait, but a nearly full dining area and bar with everyone ordering great food cause a wait too. Customers around us offer up their opinions of what they have had (reviews always good), makes it cozy or comfortable feeling. Restrooms are always very clean, never a scrap of paper on the floor. They say if the restrooms are clean, the kitchen is too! Hats off to the cooks for pushing so much good looking and tasty food through such a very small kitchen. Classy, a bit upscale, and yet comfortable place overall. Gluten Free options available.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

This is a bar but the menu is much more interesting than your typical bar food. I very much enjoyed the Roots & Cream special - beets, turnips and sweet potatoes. The presentation was what you would expect at a high end restaurant. It was one of the few vegetarian options on the menu. One of our dining companions had the Bean & Ham soup - a very large bowl - and he was very pleased. Others had burgers which are served on rolls from a local bakery. There is a veggie burger option which was very good, also. Drinks are reasonably priced. There is room for improvement in the overall atmosphere of the place but would go back for the good food.