Review Highlights
Friendly

Once you realize that this is ground zero for the Happy Schnapps Band, you will appreciate the... read more

Reviewed 28 April 2017
Calicoboy
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
I Don't Get the Attraction

Reviewed 1 January 2016
GoneOffTheGrid
Vernon Hills, Illinois

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I stopped in while traveling, because the local hotel had directed me there. What a huge mistake.
There were two bartenders, the man, who eventually found out was the owner, and a younger girl. Both were visibly intoxicated.
It took a while to get served as they were both busy drinking shots and not really paying attention. The owner finally served me, and added in a horrible racially motivated joke. And he thought he was being funny but anyone in earshot was offended.
Fortunately a short time later he went to the other side of the bar where he promptly fell asleep, passed out . Only to wake up 20 minutes later, sneak out the back door and get behind the wheel and drive a vehicle.
As if that wasn't enough, the bathrooms were horrible, unbearable urine smell.
The place seriously could not have been cleaned in a month.
That was enough for me, we promptly left only to find the female bartender was outback smoking a joint.
Why would any hotel suggest that place to travelers???
Best bet, stay away!

1  Thank jaxbouras
Reviewed 1 January 2016

I've stopped into this place twice now. The first time (months ago) it was mostly empty while yesterday it was PACKED (with every spot at the bar taken). Away from the bar are also a number of picnic tables (yeah, really,) and video / table games. Add in flat screens for sporting events and a Green & Gold Packer color scheme / theme and that's about all it has to offer.

The one beer I had was cheap and I have to say that everyone in the place seemed friendly enough too. But the place does have a rather run-down crude feel to it (at least to my senses). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "dirty" or anything like that. Just like a car with a couple of hundred thousand miles of wear and tear (well used).

Aside from the location, I don't know what the attraction is for this place. I'm rating it Poor because it's a step down from other local places (below Average) but it isn't a terrible place (like I said, not dirty or dangerous feeling or anything like that).

4  Thank GoneOffTheGrid