AmericInn by Wyndham Ironwood(Ironwood)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$131
Agoda.com
Indianhead Motel(Ironwood)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$59
Days Inn by Wyndham Hurley(Hurley)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$88
Priceline
Beaver Lodge(Mercer)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplace to staybaked codburgerattached barroom was largewolfsdengamesgrill
Reviewed 11 February 2016

Went ice fishing for the day, reserved a room on line for one night. The bed and pillows I thought were great, but that's about it. The room smelled of old cigarettes, the carpet was dirty and probably beyond cleaning. Microwave did not work. Expected HBO, but didn't have that either. Because we had been up early we wanted to go to bed early. They were working on a room close to us. We had pounding and loud talking until almost 7 pm. Trying to use the fan only on the air conditioning for white noise, but that also didn't work. Went to get a drink of water and the water was the color of beer. I'm assuming it was because of the work being done. When the web site said it was on a snowmobile trail I didn't expect snowmobile revving their engines within five feet of our window. I'm not real tall but the shower hit me almost at my navel. When using the toilet I thought I was sitting on the floor. We could see this motel was make improvement but we surely did not see this in our room. I would book another night but I would call to make sure I got on the second floor and only had a lake view in the summer. No more winter stays!!

Room Tip: If winter, I would take a road view because the snowmobile trail. In the summer I would take a second floor facing the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2016

We recently stayed in the newly remodeled 2 room suite at great northern on a snowmobile trip. The room had plenty of space for all our gear, etc and it was very comfortable. The bed was okay, could use an upgraded mattress for sure. The living room is nice and there is a seperate bathroom, closet/dressing room and jacuzzi tub room. The hot tub/jacuzzi is so loud you simply cannot turn the jets on. There needs to be some insulation or something done there. Front desk staff was pleasant upon arrival and check out was easy. We were told - AFTER being there 5 days that we could not park our snowmobiles on the side where we had been parking ALL WEEK. The lady at the front desk Thursday afternoon (not the same one who checked us in) was rather rude about it and could use some people skills! This hotel is very convenient and I would consider staying here again. We have stayed at the Cranberry Inn, Knights Inn Motel and private cabins in Mercer. I would say any of these are good choices along with Great Northern. The convenience of great northern for a snowmobiler is it is right on the trail, has PLENTY of parking and a bar/restaurant on site called the Wolf's Den.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

We have been here before. Nothing fancy but big old fashioned rooms fairly comfortable. We were looking forward to coming again. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a dog sitter so we brought our big dog. The staff was very accommodating and changed our room to the pet section. We totally understand. However, the pet section is located near the bar restaurant and ww were right by the hot tip and entry door. Noisy is being kind. It was loud with a capital L. The drunks leaving were more than loud and vulgar with horrible language. One kept calling for his gun. Then it sounded like someone was checking into the room above us. Maybe they were throwing large suitcases or bodies around the room. Not much sleep.
But the next night was worse. Live band! And that was the quietest part of the night until 1am. Then a guy was getting sick outside our window. Then the usual drunken arguments. Then the guys upstairs were throwing bodies around. We called three times to front desk, and the young man visited the room each time. The last call he informed me the guys upstairs were quite drunk and disorderly. We offered call the police but he did quiet them down around 2:40am. Again no sleep. We were frightened to complain as our dead bold did not line up and left us with a cheap door lock if the drunks were upset if we complained. Sad to say and most of the people staying there were very kind.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

Great place.
Kitchen is open on Monday night if you're snowmobiling and need a stop.
Jules the bartender is a friendly and competent host.
Bacon Bleu burger was cooked perfectly and the prices are decent.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Loved the Great Northerner. My cousin got married in the back and the staff was awesome and making the stay personal. Bar was a lot of fun and breakfast did the trick. Would recommend 2nd floor for vehicle noise.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family