“Visiting from Iowa to watch the Hawkeyes get embarrassed in Madison”

Madison Marriott West
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Middleton
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Upon arriving, our group of four old friends found out this was where the Iowa football team was staying for their road game against Wisconsin. The atmosphere with some Hawkeye fans down at the bar before heading out on the town made our overpriced room seem acceptable. We tied one on Friday night and really tied one on after losing to Bucky on Saturday. Should you stay in Room 821, I apologize for the stench. There is no way the nice cleaning ladies are going to be able to make that room smell so fresh and so clean clean after the weekend us four grown men had.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joshua S

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Lucas Bender went above and beyond with hospitality. My luggage never arrived when I did and he even offered a clean uniform I could wear until my luggage was delivered. He was very pleasant and helpful.
On the flip side some employees with a language barrier caused extreme frustration as far as my bill was concerned. They didn't understand that the room was already paid for on one card and when I gave a different card for the incidentals the whole stay was put on that card which caused sleepless nights since this was the wrong card. An English speaking employee was able to get it straightened out from me by the last day of stay there.
When I checked in the room was propped open where the housekeeping staff didn't pull the door all the way shut. That seemed ok when I entered for the first time but it happened another day I was there where my room was left open all day as I was away for business. I put the private sign up after that and luckily nothing was taken.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhonda E
Taylor B, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I really appreciate you taking the time to fill out a trip advisor survey and let us know your thoughts! It is warming to hear that Lucas provided such pleasant and helpful service to you! On the other hand, I regret to hear that you had some sleepless nights and frustration due to some misunderstanding which lead to a billing issue. Please know that your thoughts will be shared with the team so that we can isolate this issue moving forward. I've also shared your thoughts with our housekeeping team as a learning tool so that issues like this can be deterred.
Once again, I am thankful that you shared your thoughts with us and should your travels bring you back this way, I hope that we can be of better service to you!

Warmest regards,
Taylor B.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My wife and I stayed in this presidential suite for our wedding night. We were rather unimpressed with the service and stay. We were promised champagne and chocolates for our stay, but upon arriving, we were told the kitchen was closed, we would not get these items, and we could take a taxi to the nearest bar if we wanted to get something. I was not allowed to check in even the slightest bit early or leave my baggage at the hotel until we returned from our reception even though I was told the room was not occupied. The suite also has numerous carpet stains and severe warping/bubbling of the carpet - I expected much better from the presidential suite. The room clearly had not been dusted in some time and although the bed was satisfactory, the furniture in this room was very stiff and uncomfortable. I have had many great stays with the Marriott in the past, but the quality and service for my wedding night was lacking in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mitchell985
Taylor B, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear valued guest,
As we pride ourselves on delivering a positive memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues involving the room not being available until you returned from your wedding reception and, perhaps more disheartening, the lacking quality of service for your wedding night. It was really saddening to know that you were unable to receive the champagne and chocolates and were just told to try elsewhere.
My hope is that we can address some of these issues here and you can feel free to reach out to us directly if you wish. Should also your travels bring you back to the area, I hope that we can be of better service to you.

Taylor B

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Stayed here during a business trip to Madison. The property is conveniently located near the freeway and close to a lot of food and shopping. I'd recommend you ask for a room on a high floor so you get a nice view of the surrounding area. Service was great and the rooms were very clean. This is a great hotel for business travelers to the Madison area.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a high floor to get a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank travelrascel
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past three years and it just keeps slipping a bit every time that I stay there It certainly would not be my choice. We have held several conferences there as well. The front desk personnel are o.k. The restaurant personnel may be the best and work very hard for their tips. Everything else is just average which is not expected from a large Marriott Hotel. The rooms are rather tired. There were feather pillows which I am very allergic to. They were quickly replaced, but one of those still had feathers. Their go green program is the pits. I still paid a high price for having no room cleaning over 4 nights there. I had to ask for shampoo and conditioner at the front desk. I have had much better service from the lower end options for Marriott. I expect that having EPIC house their personnel there for training has made them rather lazy and not motivated to provide the service and room appointments that I would expect from a Marriott. Avoid this hotel and stay at another nearby.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jersbikr
Taylor B, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences with our hotel. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be used to assist us in our operations. Thank you again for your time and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
0.3 km away
4.2 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
1 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West

Been to Madison Marriott West? Share your experiences!