Madison Marriott West
US$117
US$169
US$143
US$134
Courtyard Madison West/Middleton(Middleton)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$131
Priceline
Comfort Suites Madison West(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$89
US$113
HolidayInn.com
US$100
US$85
All reviewsthe concierge loungeembassy suitesmarriott standardsfull servicebit datedbreakfast buffetnice hotelhotel restaurantplenty of parkingconference roombusiness meetingwest sidebed was very comfortableup to dateconventionmadisontaylor
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Good points first. Stayed for business. Friendly staff, very welcoming. When you pull in the grass in the parking lot and abandon feel sort of gives a clue as to what you will find inside. Concierge lounge is a huge positive point. Staff in the lounge is very kind and the food options are good. That is all I can say for good points sadly. This hotel appears to be an old Embassy Suites that was possible purchased by Marriott or the hotels have the same dorm layout by chance. My room was not clean at all. The sheets appeared that they had not been changed, there was so much dust on the tissue box holder I could literally write in it, there was food on three lamps in the room (chunks of food), the wall fixtures and mirrors were all hanging askew and the room air vents had so much dust on them. The sinks were exposed with PVC piping and metal handy work underneath. Overall cleanliness was obviously not a priority. If you stay I would advise requesting a room AWAY from the highway. These rooms are very noisy. If you opt not to stay, there is a plethora of hotel options 10 mins away on the edge of Madison.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Taylor B, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear QCcutie,

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided on the Trip Advisor Survey.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at Madison Marriott West, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. We do at the same time appreciate the kind words regarding our friendly and welcoming staff service. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

We hope to be of service to you again should your travels bring you back to the Middleton area!

Thanks,
Taylor B.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The very friendly staff greeted me upon entering and said 'hello' every time I walked by. It's a small thing, but appreciated. The room was large and comfortable. Their 'eco friendly' efforts must mean they don't automatically clean the room if you stay more than one night, so you may want to request that upon check in. I agree I don't need new towels every day, but a bed that is made would have been nice. Still, a very nice spot, in a good location with plenty of dining options nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms along the highway definitely have some traffic noise. Light sleepers should request the other side of the building.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This hotel was decent but it’s not someplace I’d recommend.......rooms were clean but no mini frig or microwave unless you requested it and paid more?? Bar/lounge was understaffed for the amount of people staying at the hotel, cafe prices were high for the quality of the food. Whole lounge/restaurant area needs a re-do.....chairs very shabby and wobbly. The staff was really the only good thing about staying here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Taylor B, Assistant Front Office Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Susan F,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Madison Marriott West and providing your honest feedback on Trip Advisor Survey!

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the issues that you experienced from occurring in the future. While we are proud of the staff service that we provided, please accept our apologies for your experience in the food service areas overall.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Middleton.

Taylor B

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Big property, decent pool. We stayed in a suite, spacious and comfortable. Because it was a weekend, I think they were running a skeleton crew. We went to the pool and mistakenly went barefooted. My son slashed open his foot on broken glass just outside our room. Clearly not a hotel that spent a lot on housekeeping. We were treated respectfully when we asked for bandaids at the desk but the next morning, the glass was still there. This is an older building with a worn out feel though nice enough for a road trip to watch a game at UW. It’s not on campus so plan for 30 minutes to get there.

Room Tip: Corners are best
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Taylor B, Assistant Front Office Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear 552roadwarrior0007,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Madison Marriott West and providing your honest feedback on this Trip Advisor survey!

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. It is very unfortunate that your son had slashed his foot on a piece of glass upstairs on the guest floors and our sincerest apologies to him. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring again. Housekeeping has been made aware of the incident and they will have due diligence in cleaning the public areas in the future.

Taylor B

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Ryan, the front desk manager, was very rude when I spoke to him regarding a no-show charge I had on my credit card. He insisted I made a second reservation, even though he was unable to produce a confirmation number or details. I have no record of the second confirmation either. I spoke with Marriott customer care who also asked Ryan to refund the no-show fee (bear in mind, I stayed there for the night in question). He declined. He was also unable to explain to me how this was not mentioned when I checked in. Like, wouldn't they ask me which reservation I wanted to check in under? He also went into an explanation of how they booked that revenue and how accounting works, even though I have an accounting degree. I'll happily take my 75-100 hotel nights / year over to Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Taylor B, Assistant Front Office Manager at Madison Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Valued guest,

We apologize that you felt that we ware rude when speaking to you about the no-show. In researching the situation there were two reservations made one day apart to arrive the night of the 6th. If you have a cancellation number or email I will be sure that Ryan receives it for review.

Taylor B.