US$152
US$149
US$203
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$247/night.

US$257
US$168
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$205/night.

US$126
US$152
US$148
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshistoric placeseen better daysdaughter's weddinghigher floorcounty clarelibrary
Reviewed 8 November 2016

I probably wouldn't stay here again. Rooms were very small. No air conditioning and there was an odor that wasn't very appealing. I understand its a landmark, but they could still update. The lobby was beautiful thou. Also, they advertise and lounge, but we couldn't go in because there was a private party.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for NYE since all other hotels were sold out. That should have been our first clue.

1. Walls are paper thin - be prepared to hear other people "celebrating."
2. Smells like mold and we were unable to open the windows to air out room.
3. Parking! You have to pay for parking, but they oversell the lot. We came back late after NYE only to find no spaces were available. We roamed around for 30 minutes to find parking.
4. We listened to two people fight for some time at 2 AM called the front desk and they did nothing.

Some of this was due to NYE but you couldn't pay me to stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here after a wedding, it was close to the venue and priced well. The hotel offered a free shuttle to go anywhere within a few miles of the hotel which was nice, but they stop running at 11pm. The hotel felt secure and safe.

The room was ok, there were a pair of socks that were left in the room that didn't belong to us, but they were kinda hidden under a chair. The hotel is old, and it shows, but I enjoy the charm of vintage.

The fee for parking in their lot cost 10$.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at Astor for a night for business, because all other hotels that my company allows me to stay at were fully booked. This hotel is simply, terrible. There's a parking lot in the back of the hotel but you need a pass key to get in, and you need to check in first to get the pass key. I parked my rental car in the front, ran in to the front desk without my ID etc to ask where the garage was, and said I'd park my car before checking in (since I left my ID in the car..). Front desk decided not to tell me I need a pass key to get into garage. Thank you idiot!
The hotel itself is very run down. Elevators smell of body odor. I stayed on 5th floor- the hallway smell of curry (or some other food). I think there's a guest laundry on every floor and people do make use of it. You will run into fellow guests with a full laundry basket. Definitely not a business hotel- I question why this hotel is on our company's approved list, but I digress.
There is a bar onsite and the bartender is very sweet. But they do not serve food.
Internet is complimentary but it was ridiculously slow.
People called this hotel old school, vintage or take you back in time on tripadvisor. I call it dated, smelly and gross. Vintage can be nice and clean. Astor is not.
My conclusion is, if you don't have another hotel option, you can always stay at an air bnb.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

10 friends stayed here to attend Irish Fest for a weekend. We were all satisfied with our rooms. The hotel is very old, even on the historic registry. There are no major upgrades to the facility. It shows many glimpses back to a previous era of travel' there are few electrical outlets, no central air conditioning, hollow room doors for overnight laundry delivery, etc. This is all cute, but when the neighborhood will economically justify it, this hotel could use a thorough make over. In the meantime it is best to accept it for what it is and enjoy the good rates and pleasant service.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends