All reviews an actual key rooftop deck seen better days county clare laundry fest valet
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter's wedding was at the Astor last month. What a beautiful venue, so much room .
The lobby has been updated, the wedding planner was wonderful, food was awesome, the staff could not have been more accommodating.
We had several blocks of rooms and although there was some confusion with reservations, everything worked out.
FREE parking..... across the street from the county Clare, 2 blocks from the Plaza. It was perfect

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017

the initial impression is old world elegance. Upon arrival at the room, you discover a dorm room that has been poorly remodeled. Painters partially painted the old hinges and generally used similar poor or hurried efforts on the other painting needs. An in window air conditioner was poorly placed and finished. The room was very small and the tv had no cheat sheet for use. Not worth the price.

Room tip: I would not take another chance. I was there for a wedding and convenience was the only redeeming value
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This is the. 3rd year we have stayed at the Astor for a one month stay and it will be our last
This hotel is GOING down hill quickly the furniture is old and needs to be replaced the washing machine never work right
And we had a giant cockroach walking around our rental we killed it took to the the front desk and all they. Said was we will have someone come up and spray tomorrow WHICH they did using a can of Raid WHICH stunķ up our unit
And they left the empty can of Raid on the kitchen counter top
We will never stay here again

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Classic older hotel. Dated charm. The building has seen better days, but it reminds one of the past. Some may not like it, but I think it was a good deal for the price and date of my stay. Not the place for a luxury vacation, but fine.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank David U
Reviewed 9 August 2017

So sorry to give a poor review, but my husband and I were appalled. We love this part of the city and expected something better. Our room was on one of the upper floors. No air-conditioning on blistering hot night. Room was near 90 all night. I went downstairs at 2:00 to talk to them about the heat only to find young women "sitting and chatting" on one of the tables in the bare and rather dilapidated lobby. I was told that it was hot in our room because "hot air rises" and there was nothing to be done about it. Room was very small (hardly bigger than the bed). I'm sure it was stunning at the turn of the century, but now it's a dusty old maiden that is uncomfortable to stay at. Can't imagine the updating could do everything that needs to be done. Sorry. Don't go.

Date of stay: June 2017