The Pfister Hotel
US$148
  • Breakfast included
US$189
US$129
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$189
The Plaza Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$130
2,058 results
All reviewsmason street grilltower roomblu loungehistoric sectionnewer towerclub accessart collectiontop floorlobby loungebeautiful hotelold world eleganceclub levelolder partlake viewdowntown milwaukeeclassic hotelgrand old hotel
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Perfect location to lake front and Museums and mall. Beautiful lobby, great big chocolate chip cookies in the cafe. We had a tower room with lake front view. The tower is not as tall as the other buildings so we could see parts of the lake, but mostly other buildings, but we knew that going in. The swimming pool on the top floor offers a great view of the other side of the city. We ate at the Mason Street Grill (attached to the hotel), which was FABULOUS!! Our room was decorated in grays and blacks, very pretty. Nice modern shower. Parking garage was convenient and led right into the hotel.Great time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Heidi V, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Rani18,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback about your time with us. I am delighted to hear that your visit was pleasant and enjoyable – you should expect no less at The Pfister Hotel. Our hotel is centrally located and great for walking around to area attractions. The next time you visit us, I suggest seeing a live show in Blu! Fridays and Saturdays you can experience great sound and breathtaking visuals in the highest lounge in Milwaukee. There is a reason that Mason Street Grill is consistently rated one of the top restaurants in the city; I'm glad you were able to experience it firsthand.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed last night at the haunted hotel as it's known throughout the streets of Milwaukee. It was a beautiful facility beautiful room but unfortunately the manager at the front desk along with her horrible attitude and heat that wouldn't shut off, (84 degrees) convinced myself that I won't stay here again

Charles Gleeson

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Heidi V, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Mr. Gleason,

I would love to be able to discuss this with you further. Please reach out to me before your next stay so your concerns may be addressed further.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is a very unique hotel. When you walk in it is very grand, a beautiful bar, usually a piano player. It is gorgeous, it is not modern at all. If you are looking for a modern hotel this is not the place for you. The rooms are large, the beds are comfy and the linens are top notch. The bathrooms are clean. Overall I like this hotel, its different and has character.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Heidi V, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Tonya6425,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback about your time with us. I am delighted to hear that your visit was pleasant and enjoyable – you should expect no less at The Pfister Hotel. Being built 125 years ago definitely has its advantages. I'm glad you were able to see and enjoy the advantage we have here at The Pfister Hotel.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed overnight at this hotel. The first experience was average at best. This second experience was More disappointing. The good things about this hotel seem constant: the location in downtown walking distance to many hotspots, the Beautiful lobby, the cafe food quality. The bad: we stayed in a towerroom which was very small and our view was of a stone structure. The beds are sufficiently comfy but it was so darn hot in the room that we had little sleep. The thermostat gets no cooler than what feels like 75 degrees and you can't open the window for some fresh air. I mentioned our discomfort to the front desk but she offered no consolation. If you can't get a good night sleep in a hotel and staff that cares that you do, what's the point in going? We bought the extra club lounge add-on to see what that was like. The free tea, snacks, and breakfast in their nice-view lounge was nice but not worth $45 imo. The $29 self park fee is pricey and should be included in the "club" add-on imo to make that worthwhile for guests. There's no communal hot tub anywhere in the hotel which is strange in a 4 star hotel. So if that's important to you as a guest, this is not the hotel for you. The spa was nice. The staff were friendly, prices were reasonable and the pre-massage Kohler shower experience luxurious. The coffee cafe offers a limited but tasty menu. The live piano music in the lobby lounge and in the roof top jazz lounge was a classy touch as well. Compared to other Milwaukee hotels though like the Hotel Intercontinental or even the Potowanami Casino Hotel, this one falls short in overall experience, comfort, and service.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Heidi V, Guest Relations Manager at The Pfister Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear gypsyrunaway,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback about your time with us. I am saddened to hear that your stay wasn't up to the standard people come to expect from The Pfister Hotel. I have shared your feedback with both our front office and engineering teams. I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to provide a stay that lives up to the reputation of the Pfister Hotel. Here at the Pfister, we attempt to give everyone the highest quality of service, comfort, and satisfaction. I am unsure if you were able to make it to the club lounge in the evening for the happy hour, but that is another popular perk that many guests enjoy from club access.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Everything from the reservation process, valet parking, restaurants, and lounges were all great experiences. We actually stayed one night to attend a fundraiser, and the service provide was nothing short of excellent. If I were an actual visitor from out-of-town, I would say it is the best location downtown, and a great deal for the rates. Overall, great experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Craig S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback about your time with us. I am delighted to hear that your visit was pleasant and enjoyable – you should expect no less at The Pfister Hotel. Our staff strives to ensure you have a comfortable stay, and it pleases me to hear that they helped you out so much!