“Eclectic, funky boutique hotel!”

The Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Loved the hotel! Although I was there for a Harley function and appreciated all the motorcycle features, one does not need to be a motorcycle buff to appreciate it. The lobby staff were very pleasant to deal with, as were the restaurant and bar staff. I LOVED the room - very different, high ceiling and SUPER comfy bed! (see photos) They sure did hire a fantastic designer - the lobby, library, restaurant and bar are done up SO well.

I rated the location as very good as my functions were primarily in the Harley museum. Others may find the location less than ideal.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper and was fortuante to be on the front hotel entrance side, not the side with...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay with us. You are absolutely right in saying that you do not have to be a motorcycle buff to appreciate the hotel. If you should ever have to come back to Milwaukee for another Harley Event or just for a visit, we would love to have you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

Wow! We flew in from the Caymans after 9pm and stayed here overnight. What a cool and reasonably priced hotel. The bar scene was hopping and made us forget we left tropical breezes for sub-zero ones. The room we had reminded me of a loft style condo. Fully stocked bar, snacks, and extras!

• Stayed: January 2013
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you so much for the review. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us when it is a bit warmer out! I promise if you liked our bar, Branded, you will love our outdoor patio, The Yard!

Reviewed 17 January 2013

From the arty decor to the exposed brick and beam of this converted warehouse to the flawless service and the lavish rooms this is every bit as good as reviews suggest. A funky, trendy hotel that makes a business trip memorable but does all the basic hotel stuff very well. Lovely rooms, great service, good food from a nice restaurant and a pretty awesome range of local beers in the excellent bar, this is a place I'd happily return to at the drop of a hat.

Room Tip: floor 5 or 6
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

I am so happy to hear that you had a good time with us. If we can provide an enviornment where people have fun even when they are staying here for work, then we are doing our job. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 15 January 2013

For my husband's birthday, I surprised him with a trip to Milwaukee, staying at the Iron Horse. Although the location is not ideal, the hotel itself is beautiful and interesting. It is by far the most luxurious hotel in Milwaukee--we have stayed at most of the well reviewed hotels in downtown Milwaukee, and I can say without a doubt that this is a step above. The lobby is gorgeous, and worth a trip in itself. The food is great. The room is unique, comfortable, and artistic without being kitschy. And, the main selling point for me: the bathrooms are extravagant, bathrobes included! - Anna (Tim S's wife)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and for this great review! I hope that your husband had just a great of a time as you did for his birthday. We would love to have you back and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable please feel free to reach out to us!

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Since my daughter and husband lived in Milwaukee, we have been able to enjoy this hotel when we go to visit. We love the uniqueness of it. The industrial look coupled with the "Harley" theme is so well done. The staff has always been pleasant and helpful. Love the rooms,the decor, the amenities, the earplugs in case you are not a train lover. (My husband and I personally find the train sounds comforting). The food is good, better than most, with some thoughtful prep. The only bad thing is my daughter moved to Denver! Now we will have to find an equally comfortable place in Denver.b

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mimi426
JamesValona, Director of Guest Experience at The Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

We are very grateful that you have chosen to spend your time with us for all of your trips to Milwaukee. We wish your daughter all of the best in Denver and if you should return to Milwaukee for any reason, we would love to have you back!