US$170
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$280
1,167 results
All reviewskil watchocolate barpabst theaterfront deskunderground parkingmarcus centerlobby barsitting roomthe river walkself parkinghotel is in a great locationflat screenking bedold worldkilowatdowntownriverwalk
Reviewed 29 April 2018

We were seeing a Cirque du Soleil show that was 3 blocks from the hotel. Milwaukee was a bucket list, as I have never visited Wisconsin. We picked this hotel because of an IHG promotion. The rate was very good.

Check-in was easy. We used valet for the car as it was only $33 versus the regular parking rate of $28. We were upgraded to a junior suite. The room was very clean. We had a view of the city. The bed was hard. We slept decently, but the bed was still hard. The hotel graciously included breakfast as we are elites with IHG. The breakfast was actually very tasty. We stayed over the Saturday night before Easter. Our breakfast did not apply to Easter brunch. We didn't expect or want the Easter brunch as we were going elsewhere for brunch.

The room was very clean. The staff, every single one, was professional and friendly. The hotel from the service side was very good. The hard product, being the older rooms, needs work. Did the older room ruin our stay? Not at all! Keeping things in perspective, when this hotel renovates, the rates will go up. But to be honest, if the rooms were just a bit nicer, like newer furniture, I would have rated this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I stayed only one night here so I cannot comment on everything. It is in a good location and walking distance to a lot of places.

I had a "Pink room" on the 9th floor and loved it. It has an open view, it's spacious, it's very nicely decorated in pink and they even placed a pink notebook computer in there. It's $20 more than a regular room, but you get a $20 gift card to their bar/restaurant, plus other perks. I was disappointed I didn't get the trio of pink gourmet cupcakes as advertised (as it was my birthday, and I let them know when I made the booking), but the four pieces of chocolates were delicious. The hotel gives $25 to support a group dedicated to breast cancer, so you have a very good excuse to stay in a pink room!

Everyone I met was courtesy and efficient.

Room Tip: I recommend the Pink Room
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Amoeba79
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Pros: Great location in downtown MKE. Easy walking distance to many restaurants and bars. In the midst of/attached to many of the theaters (MKE rep; Pabst; PAC). Bar and restaurant areas very attractive with well made food and drink. Underground parking (although it is expensive by MKE standards. It's part of the attached-to-hotel office complex, so be prepared to walk/elevator it to the hotel. Older style garage with many turns and potential for accidents if someone is driving too fast). Front desk staff are very professional and helpful.
Cons: Rooms are larger with nice views of the city, but very dated. Clearly the hotel was built around the 1970's and the room layout reflects it. The furniture and bathroom are scuffed up and the electrical outlets are few and far between. A major facelift is needed! The door to the room was very hollow and every hallway conversation can be heard. If you're staying here for business do not talk in the hall or everyone behind the doors will know your affairs. There is no swimming pool on site and the fitness area seems to be used by the attached office complex. A Milwaukee friend told me they had heard the hotel was in acquisition mode and the rooms would be redone by the next owner. Based on what I experienced I believe that must be true.

Room Tip: High floor at the end of the hall to avoid hearing hall conversations.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yes2travel
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi yes2travel,

Thank you for emphasizing our hotel's prime location! I'm glad you liked the vicinity. I understand your concern about the condition of the room, especially the tired furnishing and thin walls. I'm sorry for the letdown. If there will be future upgrades to be made, our hotel will take your review into consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Again, thank you for trusting us.

Kind regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Okay so I have wanted to stay here for years and finally got a chance. We have stayed at many hotels in lots of places and usually go for upscale ones. This is somewhere in the middle. That's not a bad thing but it could be so much better. We were on the ninth floor and had a nice view. The room was clean and neat but also plain and boring. We had a huge work station which would be great if I was working. Our room was right by the ice machine that was annoying but for one night I dealt with it. The room itself was big which begs the question of why the bathroom is so small. I mean all business small and an old tub with the stains of time in it. Even the door to the bathroom was oddly small. The lobby bar is nice and the staff is great throughout the hotel. The hotel is in a great location but I think the place just needs an update. I probably would not stay here unless there was a remodel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bo H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Hi Bo H,

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Milwaukee and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is good to read that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room and our location.

I am sorry to learn that some of our amenities and facilities didn't match your expectations. I appreciate your comments on the aspects of the hotel that need updating and rest assured, this will be shared with management to determine the areas that will benefit from additional attention.

We value you as our guest and hope you will still choose to stay with us the next time you are in Milwaukee.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We are visiting to tour the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. When we arrived Saturday evening, the lobby was very hectic and noisy, so this is a happening place. My kid has anxiety, so that wasn’t an ideal situation, but check-in was swift and smooth (as I always find it to be at IHG hotels.) The snow had already started, so we stayed in for dinner. Room service seemed pretty fast. One item was forgotten but it was brought up promptly along with a complementary item as apology.
Brunch seemed slow although the restaurant was not full. The waitstaff seemed to be working hard, so I think they may have too much responsibility helping with prep work or room service. My omelette was delicious though.
I believe this is a brilliant location if there was anywhere to go (snow) and especially if you are attending something at one of the adjacent theaters. I will stay here again when I return to Milwaukee - hopefully during nicer weather.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family