“nice friendly place”
Review of The Dogs Bollocks - CLOSED

The Dogs Bollocks
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 16 October 2011

this is a good place to visit for a beer or other drink. They have a good selection of beers. The proprietor/bartender is friendly. I haven't tried the food yet but I have always enjoyed my visits there.

Reviewed 5 December 2010

As a Brit now living in Milwaukee I would have to say hand on heart that this place is the best place in the whole state of Wisconsin, for food alone. The food is awesome. The prices are even great but the beers I must admit are a bit on the poor side, but the Tetley's English Ale is the best that I have ever had in years. So if you have already checked out the Duke of Devon in Sheboygan, The Beefeeter in Appleton then come down and enjoy some grub Bollocks style. Once you have tried it you will be back time & time again.

Reviewed 8 August 2010

As someone who's married to a Brit, we were so excited to read about this place. And chuckled extensively that they got away with naming it what they did. So we tooled up to the bar to have a look. To say we were disappointed is putting it mildly. Now, we didn't have any food since we had reservations elsewhere, but the beers on tap? BO-RING! There are so many amazing craft beers from England that are available in the states, but they stuck with mass produced beers, apparently hoping their patrons won't know any better. As mentioned, i can't comment on the food, but unless they significantly change their draft selection and start putting some amazing British beers on, we won't be back.

Reviewed 27 December 2009

Let me start with the fact that I bartend here. But I am also giving my honest opinion! The Bollock's is a really nice bar on the east side that features British food and drinks. Everything on the menu is delicious and I highly recommend the fish and chips (that is served every day of the week), the beefeater, the curry chips, and the fish cakes. The beer list is what you'll find at most Brit bars- Guinness, Boddingtons, Tetleys, Fullers, Grimbergen, Bass, etc. Happy hour is Monday thru Thursday from 4-7 and is $1.00 off all taps and mixed drinks. Friday and Saturday night domestic bottles are $2.50 and rail mixed drinks are $3.00. They now have live music on Thursday nights at 9- featuring all girl bands who are extremely talented. It's my opinion that everyone who works there is incredibly nice and attentive. The downside of the bar... more likely than not when you come in and ask us if we have any specials, we're going to say no. So, try to be there during happy hour if that's your worry! Also serving brunch on Saturdays and Sundays while showing soccer games. The Bloody's paired with a Full English Breakfast is a really great way to start your weekend day :)