“Great taste, friendly service, you'll leave satisfied but not poor.”

Alem Ethiopian Village
Ranked #80 of 1,580 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I've eaten at a lot of Ethiopian restaurants across the USA, since it is my favorite cuisine. Alem is among my favorites, rivaling those in larger cities such as Washington DC and New York.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Whenever we come to Milwaukee, we make time to stop here for a meal, whether it be lunch or dinner. It's definitely not something I can get at home! Injera bread with your choice of an array of special Ethiopian "stews"...all is eaten with your fingers. If you like spicy food, ask about the spicy sauce - they are delighted to bring you out a cupful to have with your food. I really like the staff at this place...so pleased to see you whenever you show up!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This restaurant was a favorite during recent trip to Milwaukee. My husband is an omnivore with a particular fondness for succulent lamb dishes, and I am plant-based, so this was a perfect fit for us. We both greatly enjoyed the spicy lentils, and they served the freshest green salad I've had in a restaurant for a long time. The dining room is attractive and spacious; the service is attentive, friendly, and truly helpful. I enjoyed the very reasonably priced house sauvignon blanc, while my husband found a favorite pilsner among their international assortment of beers. We dined there two evenings in a row, grateful to find such a well-priced restaurant we both enjoyed so much. Dinner is served every day, with luncheon buffets on weekdays.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

This place was right around the corner from our hotel. Being vegan, and having enjoyed Ethiopian food previously, it seemed like a good spot for dinner. And it was! Very good food, and nice, quick service. I recommend it.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My husband and I often look for Ethiopian restaurants when traveling and this one was one of the best we have tried. We had the lamb and chicken combination with lentils and greens. There was more than enough food for the two of us and it was very flavorful. We truly enjoyed it.