“Excellent Experience”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Arriving nearly an hour before their dinner opening, we spent the time in a nearby coffee shop. It was well worth the wait. It was out first time in an Ethiopian restaurant and found the food to be delightful and the staff anxious to please us and guide us. We have made plans to return.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Solid selection of regular Ethiopian food. Injera is well made and the vegetarian red lentils were my favorite. Service is excellent. I will return.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I've eaten at a lot of Ethiopian restaurants across the USA, since it is my favorite cuisine. Alem is among my favorites, rivaling those in larger cities such as Washington DC and New York.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Whenever we come to Milwaukee, we make time to stop here for a meal, whether it be lunch or dinner. It's definitely not something I can get at home! Injera bread with your choice of an array of special Ethiopian "stews"...all is eaten with your fingers. If you like spicy food, ask about the spicy sauce - they are delighted to bring you out a cupful to have with your food. I really like the staff at this place...so pleased to see you whenever you show up!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This restaurant was a favorite during recent trip to Milwaukee. My husband is an omnivore with a particular fondness for succulent lamb dishes, and I am plant-based, so this was a perfect fit for us. We both greatly enjoyed the spicy lentils, and they served the freshest green salad I've had in a restaurant for a long time. The dining room is attractive and spacious; the service is attentive, friendly, and truly helpful. I enjoyed the very reasonably priced house sauvignon blanc, while my husband found a favorite pilsner among their international assortment of beers. We dined there two evenings in a row, grateful to find such a well-priced restaurant we both enjoyed so much. Dinner is served every day, with luncheon buffets on weekdays.