US$170
US$280
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdepartment storehigh ceilingswithin walking distancefull kitchenfloor to ceiling windowsunderground parkinga river view roomthe river walkone bedroom suiterock bottomnice kitchenfoot ceilingsart museumfree breakfastpublic markethotel breakfastriverside theater
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My sister and I experienced excellent guest service on a recent (repeat) visit to Milwaukee Residence Inn, from Brett, Teresa, Cherita, Doris (Breakfast), and Desi (Housekeeping). Even the maintenance and housekeeping personnel we passed in the halls smiled and said hello. The location is perfect for any downtown activities, and the recent rooms remodeling is stylish and comfortable. The hotel respects, honors and maintains the history of the great Gimbels department store as its previous tenant. The 2-room suites have high ceilings, lots of natural light, kitchenette and separate living areas. Although we were there for just one night (for a concert across the street at the Riverside Theater), we noticed upcoming social hours with drinks and snacks that we wished we could have stayed for. The breakfast buffet is hot and fresh, constantly replenished by the smiling Doris. There is no reason to stay anywhere else in Milwaukee, and I can’t wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018

A number of friends and family members were booked into the Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown for Marquette University graduation weekend. From beginning to end, our stay was wonderful. Cheri at the front desk was absolutely delightful and went out of her way to see that we had everything we needed. Any minor inconvenience (the electrical outlet in a bathroom not working, for example) was handled swiftly and cheerfully. The rooms are huge and well-appointed. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. It was a perfect home-base for our celebration!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed in May on two occasions and the staff was extremely kind to us. They even let us have our old room back on the 7th floor with incredibly high ceilings, an amazing view of the Milwaukee river and Lake Michigan also. Very romantic room. It is also equipped with a full kitchen that can save you money during a weeks stay. Great restaurants within walking distance. We didn’t need a car all week; besides Uber is always 3minutes away.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I was staying with girlfriends for a concert at the Bradley center. I switched hotels at the last minute because this had a 2 room 2 bath suite available and reading the reviews it seemed like an upgrade from our previous hotel. The staff is wonderful and really accommodating, but I was very disappointed in our room. I was hoping for a room with a decent view and nope we were tucked in a corner with a view of a roof.
We got a handicapped accessible room which normally is not a problem but one room had a nice updated bathroom and the other was like a locker room and VERY dark. In both bathrooms there was no glass or cups for use in the bathroom so I had to grab 2 mugs from the kitchen of only 4 mugs. The biggest problem was the cooling of the room. It was so hot in our room and we tried to lower the thermostat but it did not seem to work, we called the front desk after 2 hours because we were so hot, maintenance came up and said that it was set right and call if it does not get cooler, it never got cooler! When you stepped outside of the room it was perfect. I slept with just a sheet and was still sweating. The ceilings are really high and I am sure it is hard to regulate, but I would never want to stay in the summer if they cannot get it cooled in the end of April. Disappointed that breakfast on the weekdays ends at 9am, Coffee was out so we could not even grab a cup. Beds were comfortable, and it was clean, overall it was just okay.

Room Tip: Ask for river side
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank firebird350
Mia B, Manager at Residence Inn Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Downtown Milwaukee. Our main goal is to give the guest the best experience when staying at our property and unfortunately, we failed to meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the room temperature being uncomfortable for you. Our maintenance staff take great pride in making sure the building is fully functional and everything is working properly and they do strive to ensure that each guest is comfortable. I apologize for falling short of this during your stay. Thank you for the feedback. We would like the opportunity to serve you again if your travels ever bring you back to Milwaukee.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I was familiar with this hotel but had never stayed. What an unexpected gem! The staff was great and check out the gorgeous view of the river from my room! The hotel manager, Mia greeted me with a smile on Saturday morning and it was nice to see her working alongside the staff on a weekend morning.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo