“Great spot for gelato”
Review of Cold Spoons

Cold Spoons
Ranked #12 of 22 Dessert in Milwaukee
Reviewed 23 December 2016

We stopped at Cold Spoons on are recent Pizza Tour with Milwaukee Food Tours. Gelatos are made fresh on site. Lots of unusual flavors to try.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I enjoy stopping by and getting gelato especially on a hot summer day. I frequent on Tuesdays when you can upgrade. My favorite flavor it salted caramel.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

We stopped here after dinner at Meritage. The service was good, and the gelato reminded us of Italy.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

It's like 5 bucks for about 3 ounces of ice cream. And the place kind of smells like rancid chemicals or something. Not toxic or overwhelming, but the air doesn't seem like clean indoor air. It was really stuffy like they don't have AC. All the gelato and sorbets look enticing behind the glass case, but after that it's downhill. They have cute and imaginative names and flavors, too. And the staff was friendly enough. But there was a lady standing around reading a magazine and kind of monitoring the workers and customers. She probably was the owner or something. But it was weird. The ice cream was bland. I had vanilla and "Chocolate Elvis" and I could taste ZERO vanilla. And the chocolate Elvis? Well, even Elvis went through the bloated lounge act period. Maybe this is named for that Elvis. And the spoons were tiny! The kind of spoons other places use for samples. But these were the actual spoons! Perhaps it was to make the meager portions look bigger. Lastly, we sat outside at one of two benches, and when we finished, there was no trash bin for the customers. Maybe that's green and all, but it sure is inconvenient. I don't like to write negative reviews, and we love to support neighborhood places, but this was too expensive and really not very good.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Visited Cold Spoons, with friends (including kids) for the first time this past weekend. I was very impressed with the variety of flavors of gelato and sorbet. They have standard flavors (like Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Oreo), but also some 'out there' creative flavors like a Beet sorbet! There was also Red Orange, 'Fat Elvis' (a chocolate, peanut butter, banana combo), Caramel Sea Salt, Coconut/Pear, and a lot of other varieties. These assortment apparently varies somewhat each day. I enjoyed both of my picks (I combined Fat Elvis and Cappuccino in one serving) and look forward for an excuse to go back to try other flavors. Low key place. Simple. Just lots of neat flavors!