“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I've driven by this place so many times. This is in an area where there are several Asian restaurants and I'm very leary of trying a new Chinese place without a recommendation, but I had such a taste for Chinese food. It's one of those places that you can't tell if it's busy or not from the outside. They had a sign for lunch buffet. I walked in and the place was cozy and quiet with a few tables full. The hostess was very friendly and attentive, but not annoying. The buffet was small, but the items they had were very tasty and fresh. Of course the egg rolls were very good along with crab rangoon. They also have evening buffet which I'll definitely try sometime. My mouth is watering just thinking about their food...that's a good indicator for me!

1  Thank Wendy R

Reviewed 1 October 2016

Over the years we have eaten at the Egg Roll House numerous times and have always made sure we left with several of their egg rolls. They have a very fine buffet and offer a very tasty menu of Asian choices. You will not regret adding a variety of egg rolls to your order. Try their cashew chicken. My favorite!

Reviewed 20 July 2016

I took a chance on this restaurant after I visited the Cable Store next door! I was immediately greeted with kindness! I was also surprised at how big the place is inside compared to the impression I got from the outside. I started with a couple of egg rolls and they were pretty fresh for a Monday! I enjoyed my egg rolls so much, that I went back the next night and ordered More egg rolls, Beef Broccoli, med. spicy chicken and a sampler plate which included 3 varieties of fried shrimp, chicken and a smaller version of eggs rolls. I was so pleased with the freshness and the little crunch of the vegetables in our meals that we decided this is our NEW place to go for Chinese food! Good bye to the other one on Bluemound in Brookfield who's food needs to be fresher and service needs to be beefed up!

Reviewed 15 June 2016

We stopped in at Egg Roll House today for lunch. We haven't been in for a while because the last two times we were in we were really disappointed. Since it used to be one of our favorite restaurants, we decided to give it another try. There were only 6 people in the restaurant! The food was so so. Nothing was hot - luke warm at best. They raised the price and no longer include tea with the buffet. The chicken with broccoli had good flavor - it just wasn't hot. They used to have the best egg fu young. Not any more! It was OK, but it was cold and some bites were dry and some bites around the edge were greasy. I think we have made our last trip there. Such a shame because it used to be so good.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Best Egg Roll in West Allis, great buffet. We order at work for lunch food is wonderful fast delivery and reasonable prices. It comes so hot like it was just out from the kitchen !