US$208
US$143
US$125
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

US$189
US$161
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

US$133
US$116
Priceline
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$135
All reviewslaura sue and rickhigh teaprairie skyclotted creamlabor of lovepremium serviceshared bathroomwonderful hostsbreakfast was amazingmiller parkbad neighborhoodsitting roomchocolate chip cookiestwo night staywonderful weekendthird floormarquette university
Reviewed 17 October 2015

As in the other reviews, i'll second that its in a sketchy neighborhood however, I will add though, it is very near the college and even while out walking, I never felt unsafe. Parking was lit, and door had a key pad entry. We did get wine, cookies and a tour, and it was FABULOUS! Laura Sue has certainly done her homework. She talked as we toured for nearly 40 min about the previous owners and the work that had been done the restoration that was to come. My hubby and I are sort of into that kind of pin point history so it was very insightful and virtually made our day. We stayed in Laura Sue's Suite and had a lovely sitting room and sun porch that faced the old garage. We looked out close to dusk and saw a furry little raccoon sunning himself atop the chimney of the garage. (you guys definitely have to name him) The suite was decorated perfectly, and it was quiet... (for milwaukee) we did keep a window open.... We will absolutely be back! Oh, and breakfast was a huge success! very tasty, and large portions.

Room Tip: Pick what you like, you cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

I wish I could upload a picture of the construction zone that supposedly was a three star B and B. the neighborhood is not sketchy it is just plain unsafe and the building has seen better days. The yard was full of furniture and scaffolding enveloped the building on both sides.

Stayed: August 2015
7  Thank Mjcalvey
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I've stayed with Laura Sue and Rick, and gracious hosts of Schuster Mansion, at least a dozen times over the years; often while I'm on Milwaukee for business, but for a get-away as well. I am consistently charmed by their Victorian manners as I am by the authentic Victorian surroundings. The breakfasts are delicious and served on period china. The beds are more comfortable than my own and each room is tastefully, authentically appointed in the Victorian style. I recommend anyone who desires to have a romantic/relaxing time to make Schuster Mansion your first choice.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnStLouisMO
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

Our initial impression was very unwelcoming. We came in the back door as we parked in back (where we should have). Laura Sue was very condescending as we checked in and was very snappy when we tried to ask some questions before she finished 'checking us in'. First impressions are important and ours was not a very good one.

Word of advice, book directly through them and not a 3rd party. Even though we paid the amount of their top package, we did not receive a tour of the house, bottle of wine, and popcorn.

Pros- Pias room was lovely. It was much bigger than I expected and had a separate sitting area. Very clean and comfortable and plenty of towels in the bathroom.
The home is lovely and they have taken great care to decorate it with many unique items. It is a work in progress, they are working on the exterior but fortunately no hammering while we were there.
They have added some nice practical touches to your stay. The plastic cups and blow dryer in the bathroom were appreciated.
Coffee and delicious cookies available at all times.
Parking is off street behind the house.

Cons-not in a nice area. I was a bit uncomfortable coming in late at night and driving through the area.

You have a choice of one of 3 items with a side. Large portions but not our preference on items and taste. A bit too 'sweet' for us. This is a matter of preference as the other patrons raved over the breakfasts.

Fortunately our last day we had a pleasant talk with Dave and then also Laura Sue. If the house was in a nicer area, we may have given it another chance as I can understand having a bad day and giving a bad impression but I think we will try and stay downtown next time.

If you want a beautiful and clean room, stay here...but you will need to drive everywhere you want to go. Check the prices and find out exactly what you want before you book.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KraZe47
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We had a suite of rooms which gave us options to read, drink coffee or watch TV. The breakfasts were excellent, crepes, strata, etc. The hosts were very welcoming, we parted as friends. The house itself is gorgeous, built in 1891 and many of the features remain. It is wonderfully decorated. Easy to get to downtown from the mansion. We will be back!

Room Tip: Second floor suites are roomy and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple