“My Shangri-La for the Past Eight Years”

Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2017

When you find a place where you can relax the minute you step foot outside your vehicle, where the owners know you so well, they know you need that home-baked chocolate chip cookie now, not later and the room you selected is like a best friend you haven't seen for a while, you don't go looking for anything else. That's what the Schuster Mansion is to me. I've been a regular customer for eight years. Throughout these years, the owners have come to know me well. They laugh with me and cry with me and give me much needed advise on life and love, some of which I don't adhere to and then regret later. There are times I've stayed because I needed a weekend to just relax; there are times when I had an event to attend to and didn't want to make the 90-mintue drive home late at night. No matter what time I arrive back at the mansion, I've always felt safe and that's another reason I come back, over and over again. The mansion is in a city neighborhood, but I've never feared getting out of my car, even when I didn't get back to the mansion until past midnight because the the play at the nearby theater ran longer than expected due to the multiple encore applause for the talented actors. Recently, I invited two friends to join me for breakfast and they're already planning their next visit in December. Lastly, as the owners have come to know me, I've also come to know them. Laura Sue is one of the kindest people I know. Her love for others permeates from her pore and fills the mansion with a sweetness that is shared by her husband and other guest. I love to see the smiles on the other guests' faces and it's fun to meet new people with every visit. If you are looking for your Shangri-La, check out the Schuster Mansion. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Come back often and stay in each room, as each has its special charm.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 September 2017

My friends and I who have known each other for 54 yrs plan a trip every couple of years. We have enjoyed staying at a bed and breakfast so when I looked into Milwaukee I found the Schuster Mansion! Wow what a wonderful experience we had. Every attention to detail was attended to including the gorgeous rooms, the delicious breakfast, the beautiful high tea and the amazing owners Laura Sue and Rick. They made the Schuster mansion stand out as a bed and breakfast. The history, the stories and welcoming and caring nature was one of my best experiences and I have traveled a lot! Make sure you do the high tea also. From the food to the place settings to the presentation is so worth it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The owners are very charming. Offers a selection of breakfast. Located near lots of attractions.Some remodeling still going on. Our room had a separate sitting room. Very historic. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Everything about this Bed & Breakfast is Exceptional. The owners Rick and Laura Sue, were amazing people.. Kind and friendly and dressed the part as well. Such a beautiful home.. Decorated to the hilt.. So much to look at. Our breakfast was excellent and amazing.. You read a lot of reviews about the neighborhood.. We never felt "unsafe". they have security cameras all over and a security guard sat in a car across the street as well. Parking in the back of the house not on the main street, which also was very safe. Can not wait to go back.. The location is very close to Miller Park and to downtown if you are going to a play or show. Rick and Laura Sue made us feel like family, everything about our stay was excellent. Loved it!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We booked this home base on a 9.3 booking rating. When we arrived at the location I was shocked. It was in a very low rent poorly kept area. I was afraid of leaving our car and bikes there. The home was beautiful and the hosts were very nice. Prior to our arrival I got an emai advising me of a two night charge that was applied. We were only staying one night and booking told us it would not be charged until we arrived. I just received another two night charge from them. I also did not get a request from booking to evaluate the B&B. This is the only time in 400 plus times that had happened. The 9 be rating is totally false and after talking to booking I believe the owners have rigged it.

Room Tip: Make sure your car is safe. The area is bad.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple