“A Wonderful Weekend”

Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We stayed two nights. Both nights were in the Pias suite. This room is on the second floor and is very nice. There is a large sitting area, spacious bedroom and a full bathroom. Upon arrival, we got a tour with some history of the building and area. We had four choices for breakfast. The two we had were very good and served promptly at our chosen time. We enjoyed a nice chat with Rick the first morning and Laura the second morning. Hearing about the area around the mansion and how it is changing with time was enlightening. We really enjoyed the personal touches provided by Rick and Laura. I believe we will stay there again. It was much more convenient and easier to get in and out relative to the local hotels.

Room Tip: Very nice B&B, Pias room is great; the managers are fun and interesting.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Website is horrible, room description is tiny at the bottom of the page, photos aren't much help at all, several things missing, really needs work. I'd stay there, but just call instead of using the site

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2017

When you find a place where you can relax the minute you step foot outside your vehicle, where the owners know you so well, they know you need that home-baked chocolate chip cookie now, not later and the room you selected is like a best friend you haven't seen for a while, you don't go looking for anything else. That's what the Schuster Mansion is to me. I've been a regular customer for eight years. Throughout these years, the owners have come to know me well. They laugh with me and cry with me and give me much needed advise on life and love, some of which I don't adhere to and then regret later. There are times I've stayed because I needed a weekend to just relax; there are times when I had an event to attend to and didn't want to make the 90-mintue drive home late at night. No matter what time I arrive back at the mansion, I've always felt safe and that's another reason I come back, over and over again. The mansion is in a city neighborhood, but I've never feared getting out of my car, even when I didn't get back to the mansion until past midnight because the the play at the nearby theater ran longer than expected due to the multiple encore applause for the talented actors. Recently, I invited two friends to join me for breakfast and they're already planning their next visit in December. Lastly, as the owners have come to know me, I've also come to know them. Laura Sue is one of the kindest people I know. Her love for others permeates from her pore and fills the mansion with a sweetness that is shared by her husband and other guest. I love to see the smiles on the other guests' faces and it's fun to meet new people with every visit. If you are looking for your Shangri-La, check out the Schuster Mansion. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Come back often and stay in each room, as each has its special charm.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My friends and I who have known each other for 54 yrs plan a trip every couple of years. We have enjoyed staying at a bed and breakfast so when I looked into Milwaukee I found the Schuster Mansion! Wow what a wonderful experience we had. Every attention to detail was attended to including the gorgeous rooms, the delicious breakfast, the beautiful high tea and the amazing owners Laura Sue and Rick. They made the Schuster mansion stand out as a bed and breakfast. The history, the stories and welcoming and caring nature was one of my best experiences and I have traveled a lot! Make sure you do the high tea also. From the food to the place settings to the presentation is so worth it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The owners are very charming. Offers a selection of breakfast. Located near lots of attractions.Some remodeling still going on. Our room had a separate sitting room. Very historic. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: second floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends