“Great food, great staff, great restaurant!”
Review of Fujiyama

Fujiyama
Ranked #129 of 1,671 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

My wife was craving sushi and this was the closest place at the time (I'm so glad it was). The exterior of the restaurant may not be the most attention grabbing but the excellence of the interior more than makes up for it! The waitstaff was nice, helpful, and had great timing. The kitchen was very clean! The food was excellent. I had the hibachi steak, and my wife had several different sushi variations, we split a couple apps, and had some hot sake. The steak was tender, the fried rice flavorful, and the sauces amazing. (My wife loved all her food as well) I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal. I will be back soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Was here for a birthday celebration. There were 23 of us! This is a typical Japanese restaurant with grills in the middle of their table seating configuration. If you come here with a small group, you may be seated with others from outside of your group. The menus offers a wide variety of sushi, hibachi and teriyaki. (I'm not a sushi fan but if you like sushi, Fujiyama has a wide variety.) Most of us chose from the Hibachi entrees from their menu.

The chef was very entertaining and the food was excellent. The restaurant staff was very accommodating to our large group and did a great job of keeping all our orders straight. We were also surprised by their reasonable pricing. This was my first visit and I definitely plan to go back!

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a new sushi place to try while in Milwaukee. I picked Fujiyama based on Tripadvisor. We had Gyoza and the seaweed salad to start. There wasn't anything to set these dishes apart from other places we've been, but were still yummy. I had a tuna specialty roll that was delicious. I just wish I could remember the name of it right now! My husband is generally not a big fan of sushi. He had a spicy scallop roll & really liked it. Our server was very polite. Overall we had a good experience & I would definitely go back!

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

We had the golden dream and sunshine rolls and OmG, so good!!
Gyoza and miso soup too and a little sake and green tea ice cream to finish!
Loved every bite!!

Reviewed 28 October 2015

We try to get our adult children together for their birthdays, either a large meal at home or the restaurant of their choice. This group outing was to celebrate more than one birthday, and we got them all together at the Hibachi table for some fun. The cook enjoyed our group and we enjoyed him, along with our variety of choices for dinner.