“Great small town restaurant!”
Review of Railroad Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Railroad Inn
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Atmosphere is small town, and the food is home cooked and great. Service excellent.

Great place to have breakfast before you go see the local attractions such as Mid Continent Railroad Museum, Forevertron, Baraboo Bluff Winery, Natural Bridge State Park, or Rock Springs.

Great place to have lunch afterwards too!

Locals love it too, that says a lot.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I visited North Freedom to see my son and his family. He works part time at The Railroad Inn as the cook. I have eaten there several times - when he was cooking and also when he was not - and this little restaurant has the best home cooked meals!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We (all 54 of us on the bus) descended on this small-town restaurant at the appointed time and were served an excellent, home cooked meal with courtesy, humor and plenty of mid-western-nice. We sang Happy Birthday to five-year old Charlie and then applauded the whole crew for their efforts on a great meal. If you're in the area, or even close, a side trip is worth your while.

1  Thank NorthwoodsGirlOttawa
Reviewed 4 November 2014

If you are looking for place to take a family on a budget, the Railroad Inn is the place for you! My family of seven had a wonderful breakfast there for only $33! The food is very good, well priced, and plentiful and my kids were able to split the 2X2 breakfast and bring some home! The decor and atmosphere was kitchy and cute and they had TOYS (all train themed) to keep my kids occupied during our very short wait for our food. Service was great, coffee was a bit overpriced and not impressive, but they kept my cup full the whole time. We've been eating there for over 10 years and I am always impressed! We will be going back soon to try their potato pancakes (offered every other Sunday) and their reasonably priced lunch!

1  Thank irishrose27
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great little place - scrupulously clean and with simple basic food and good-value specials. Classic place for breakfast. Go there if you are nearby.

1  Thank plenipotentiary