“Basic, but perfectly acceptable”
Review of Mound View Inn

Mound View Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Platteville
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I went to Platteville on business and was looking for the least expensive place. At just under $85 *with* a $10 online booking discount, this was a little pricey for the basic accommodation, but nevertheless cheaper than anywhere else locally, so they must know their market.

Everything was clean, the staff were polite, though impersonal. The room had a microwave oven and a flat screen television, but no tea and coffee making facilities. I later found out there's drinks available downstairs near the lobby, but it would have been nice if the staff had told me that.
The included breakfast was good, with plenty of choice, and newspapers were also provided.

I'd certainly stay there again, I had no problems and it's very conveniently situated.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The rooms are a nice size; however, our room was not very clean. There was food and other items on the floor around the beds and the furniture. It looked as though it had not been vacuumed. There were stains on the walls and ceiling. The room just felt dirty. The towels were very thin (worn) and the bath towels were very small in size. Based on other reviews, I did not expect much from the breakfast, and it was about as expected. Overall, I was not impressed with this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

All lodging in Galena was filled so we stayed on a Saturday at Mound View Inn, 30 minute ride from Galena. Large room, cable tv, low water pressure in shower. Restaurants near by.
Skipped the free am breakfast, orange juice was terrible.
Average motel, friendly front desk.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Have stayed here several times with no problems and friendly people working here. Arrived from a long flight for a wedding in town and went to see if we could check in a little early. Although not many cars in the lot (4 to be exact) I was rudely told that check in time was 4pm and there was a 10 dollar PER HOUR CHARGE FOR EACH HOUR EARLY!! explained that I had never heard of that and most places are 3pm check in and that I was there for a 3pm wedding and would appreciate if they had any rooms to let us check in early. The gal at the front desk was so rude...she argued with me that NO hotels do that...really honey...most hotels DO let you check in early or are at least pleasant if no rooms are available. I asked if she could call the manager or if I could speak to the manager about this and she said she would call them. Well, after several minutes she said the manager agreed to charge an additional $20 for us being early...never ever have heard of this before. I asked to cancel so I could go somewhere else and she told me there would be a cancellation fee...and wasn't a fee it was the entire room charge. finally told her fine..put the charge on the room so we could get in and ready for the wedding. It was not the money at this point but the rudeness of this person and acted like I was crazy to think any hotel would let you in before check in time. I have stayed here before and been very happy with how I was treated and how the hotel was for the price. The hotel is very nicely located near shops and food and very clean large rooms but I will never stay here again after being treated so disrespectfully. I told her I have traveled extensively and never heard of a 10 dollar per hour charge that you are early and she TOLD me that everyone does that I must now know any different. So now I am angry and want to warn others of this charge. Wanted to sit there and make sure no one else came in early and wasn't charged but thought that might be too much lol. Might be this woman at the front desk or management but not sure why they treat people like this. So place is nice but sure need to redo their policies or be flexible like most places in the world

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Nice clean hotel, comfortable beds and friendly staff, and reasonably priced. Very helpful when asked for places to dine. Enjoyed the restaurant they suggested. Breakfast was adequate, but not at all gluten friendly. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Platteville
3 km away
36.4 km away
Grant Hills Motel
Grant Hills Motel
#10 of 11 in Galena

Been to Mound View Inn? Share your experiences!