All reviewsindoor poolnorth woodslake thompsonfamily reunionmany yearsgas fireplacehorseback ridingclassic northwoodsboat rentalsbar loungefall colorscoinscottagesummershuffleboardfishingtradition
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We’ve been coming every year for 3 now, just for a long weekend get away in the winter. It’s a beautiful area to hike or snowmobile or any winter sport. The staff are so friendly and helpful. There’s a pool and sauna that’s a nice diversion but we go for the hiking. Can’t say enough nice things about the place. The restaurant, three coins, has a great menu and the food is delicious. We had a few great drinks at the bar too! Thanks bartender Alex for the awesome cosmos!! Will be coming back again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Kari Z, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Janet B,
So happy to know you enjoyed your winter visit. We really appreciate your taking time to write a TA review. We will share these good words with our staff and look forward to welcoming you again soon.!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I stumbled in to Holiday Acres for the first time in September. Deciding to take a chance and stay at the resort which I found online or at a traditional hotel. I am so glad I took the chance! This resort is like a family. So warm, so wonderful, so homey, I just got back from my second stay and I’m already looking forward to my next visit. Cannot say enough good things about Holiday Acres

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Jamie M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a delightful review. It is appreciated more than you know, and it keeps all of the Holiday Acres crew motivated. We look forward to welcoming you again in the new year!

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We stayed here many years ago with our snowmobile club in the winter and really liked the place so on our way to visit some friends north of there we decided to take an extra day and return and were not disappointed. Our lodge room was clean and has nice view through the trees to the Lake. The Tree Coins Restaurant and Bar are north woods beautiful and good food. My only negative was the Brandy Old Fashions which I felt did not compare to others I have had. The resort is older but I feel that is part of the charm, we like an off road location rather than your typical motel on the highway and Holiday Acres is set in a beautiful wooded setting on a Lake yet just minutes from town.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear ShorelineCharters,
Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. It means a lot to all of us to know that you enjoyed your stay as well as your dinner at the Three Coins Restaurant. We are pleased that you came back to Holiday Acres again and hope you can return again soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I chose Holiday Acres Resort to be out in the country. It is only minutes from Rhineland but it sits on wooded property on the edge of a large lake. Fall colors were great! I had a lodge room and all though it is older, it as clean and comfortable. I had a view of the lake through the trees and was just steps from being able to sit on the benches and chairs at the beach. The staff was wonderful - they seemed eager to hear about my adventures each day. There are trails to walk, kayaks to paddle and wildlife to view. A special thanks to Karen who was arriving to work and was able to check me out so I could get on the road. The office does not open until 8 a.m. and I should have taken care of the bill the night before. I think in the summer this is a great place for families. In the autumn, it was a great place for me to enjoy the peace of the woods.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear runandbike,
Thank you for your very nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your fall visit, and that you were able to enjoy the many features that Holiday Acres offers, including our friendly staff. Please come again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We have stayed at Holiday Acres many times over the years. As a result, when our son got engaged, they wanted their wedding ceremony and reception held there. We were a little unsure of planning a destination wedding but to please them we agreed. We couldn't be more pleased with the overall experience. The staff and owners worked very hard to make for a memorable experience. The event planners made suggestions and listened to my daughter in laws wants and desires. All promises were fulfilled without exception .The dining room was wonderful with beautiful views of of the north woods scenery. The food and drinks were exceptional and the service was outstanding. The waitresses ran themselves silly to make sure everyone had what they needed, and always with smiles on their faces. It rained on their wedding day but I don't think anyone noticed. Our guests commented about how wonderful the resort is with its beautiful scenery, comfortable lodging, excellent food,and drinks. One couple, recently married, said they should have done their wedding at Holiday Acres. Most of the cabins have a very rustic appearance but with many of the amenities we have all become accustomed to . The resort is a family run business with it's heritage going back four generations. They pride themselves on making their guest comfortable and providing a fun relaxing vacation. Overall it was another wonderful experience, and we look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: I prefer the cabins near the lake. (west side& north side) If you prefer the north woods view try the cabins on east side.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear GL4020,
Thank you for the great review! We were honored to be chosen to be the location for your son and daughter in law's wedding and reception. It is an honor that all of us take seriously, as it is a lifetime event for the families and friends that are celebrating. It is especially important to hear that the party has been a great success. We will be sure to share your good words with the staff. It is what keeps all of us motivated.