Rib Waters Inn(Rib Lake)
RodewayInn
US$66
US$96
US$105
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2015

We had close to 40 stop in on a bike ride and the two bartenders where very quick in getting our drink orders. Food orders came very fast and the burgers are great. You must try the Frankenstien burger!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2014

It has been awhile since my spouse and I have been to Camp 28 to eat. The last owners just didn't seem to care anymore about the quality of the food. Well, that has all changed. We went for the Friday night seafood buffet and it was fantastic. We recognized the chef from a previous restaurant and were so happy to see that he is now back in the area. He cares about what he is serving and it shows. We also met the new manager when he circulated the room to see how people were enjoying their meal. This was a first for this restaurant. We will definitely recommend this to friends. I have a feeling that the new owners are here to stay.
The only downside was that the wine pour was about half of what it used to be, but that won't deter us from returning.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 20 October 2014

The business has new managers as of Sept. They and the staff are very accomodating and friendly. The room was very large with a balcony overlooking the lake across the highway. It was very clean. They have wi-fi in the rooms. The only con is the TV which is not the managers fault. The owner is a member of Nascar and I would think with the money he must make he could afford to install a satelite dish. Overall this is a very nice place to stay. I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area for an overnight.

Room Tip: Request an upper room in the front of the building for the view. Don't plan on watching TV.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lovestravelWi
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at Camp 28 as part of a group. Our snowmobile club did it's annual ride from Rib Lake this year. The staff in the bar and restaurant was very helpful and welcoming. They were willing to do whatever they could to accommodate us. They were good about seating our large group (17) in the restaurant and letting us use the banquet facilities for playing cards, etc. The food was standard and no complaints. Breakfast was good and served timely.

The rooms are basic. There are old TV's in the rooms with just a converter box. We were only able to get one PBS channel in our room. The bar has satellite TV. There are no hair dryers.

The beds were so-so. If you have back issues these beds are not going to be comfortable. What really bothered me though was the tub area was not clean. There was hair everywhere. There was still a mark where the soap had previously sat. When I turned on the water a clump of hair floated out. And even more gross (yes it gets worse) was something on the wall of the shower that I choose to believe was shampoo or conditioner. Now, I probably would not have put all this into a review on trip advisor since I hate to hurt a business that probably doesn't have much of a profit margin, but, I emailed to Camp 28 to tell them about the problem with the shower/tub and that virtually everyone in our group had the same problem with hair in the shower/tub and felt like it was dirty. I wanted to give the management an opportunity to acknowledge and correct the situation, but there was no acknowledgement what so ever of the problem. I don't want to tell people to absolutely not stay here because it is a pretty setting over the lake and the people that we dealt with did work hard to please. I would recommend that before staying here I would ask to check the room being assigned and verify that it is clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view. Ask to see the room before committing to stay. Especially check the shower/tub area to make sure it has been properly cleaned.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights on our Fall Foliage drive. The room was very clean and everything worked. They only have 8 rooms the door between ours and the next had a 3/4 inch gap under it so noises between rooms are possible. Also having a bar on site means noise outside. I would suggest a 2nd floor end room if you wish quiet. The TV only has about 8 channels but reception is good. If you are a NASCAR fan this place is owned by Dave Marcus an ex driver but it is leased to someone else. The service was good, Food was pretty good as well and a nice lumberjack theme to the restaurant. Large lake across the street and all rooms face it. We would definitely stay again. It was enjoyable!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple