“Amazing!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Museum of Woodcarving
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum is home to hundreds of unique wood cuttings.
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Unbelievable what one man can do! Something you don't expect to find in a small town in Wisconsin. Wonderful carvings, and what a way to share his faith with future generations!

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We visited with family, looking for something to do. This place was just OK. The place looks like it hasn't changed in 30 years. Laid out strange. No cameras allowed. I had my expensive Nikon that's with me everywhere. When informed no photos, I stated " no problem, I won't turn it on." Not good enough. I was told to leave my $1500 camera on her counter. We walked it out to the car. I'm trusted in the Sistine Chapel in Rome to carry my camera in a no photo zone and be trusted to not take photos, but not in Shell Lake Wis. Really? I mean, this really is a little no- name place, but they can't take my word for not taking photos. The woodcarvings were ok, obvious the carver has talent, but many bible references to his sculptures are incorrect. The bible he used is not my NIV bible. Maybe Catholic interpretation? I would not recommend it.

3  Thank FlaTraveler
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Stopped in to visit with my 80 year old mom. Woman at front desk very knowlegable. Quiet atmosphere, amazing detailed carving, what a gift. Most kids will not enjoy this since there is no action. Does not take to long to get through. $6.00 entry fee

Reviewed 13 July 2016

The museum itself is amazing. The woodworker was truly talented and it is hard to believe that anyone could do such beautiful life sized work. Our group of 4 was greatly impressed with his talent. The experience would have deserved a 5 star if it had not been for the woman at the front desk who said she was married to the nephew of the sculptor. She was terribly rude to us and continued to belittle us and shame us if we were not listening to her and looking her in the eye while she told us what we were about to see in the museum. After we toured the museum I came out to ask her a few more questions and again she shamed me by saying "You don't read, do you?" That tone continued and still she ranted about the rudeness that we exhibited when she was talking to us. She was the one that was rude. It is too bad that the museum does not have someone at the front desk that is more welcoming and kindhearted. With that being said, I still would recommend the museum, but if this woman is at the front desk, be ware! She has a negative impact on the beauty of the man's work.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

what an amazing place i will return next month. my family loved the scenery. i highly recommend coming here