“Lovely, through and through.”

Base Camp Coffee Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Open daily, offering delicious teas, great coffees, cocoas, fresh bakery and vegetarian light fare.
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This relaxing gem of a café in Sister Bay is an absolute delight. I don't often write reviews, but I was moved to do so after receiving top-notch service and high-quality fare during my most recent trip to Door County. I was visiting Sister Bay for four days and found myself returning to Base Camp three days in a row. If I were you, I'd try the lavender latte.

C'est le savoir-faire d'un propriétaire français couplé avec une équipe authentique et un ambiance de charme qui rend au café sa gloire ;) Merci à vous tous.

Joel29n, Owner at Base Camp Coffee Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you for your nice comment, we really appreciate it.
The vanilla lavender latte was an idea of our barista Mikeala. We make our own syrup using Madagascar bourbon vanilla and Door County lavender.
Glad you appreciate the ambiance and got to connect with our friendly team.
Hope to see you again soon, please say Hi.
Take care, cheers.
The base camp team.

There are newer reviews for Base Camp Coffee Bar

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in at Base camp after reading a good review. I managed a coffee shop and I was disappointed. I ordered a chai latte which I was told they make themselves. It didn't taste like anything but milk. My friend got the salted caramel latte which tasted like old burned coffee. They were very busy and understaffed for a weekend. Only positive is that they carry looseleaf tea , which is a plus

2  Thank Savannah F
Joel29n, Owner at Base Camp Coffee Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Very sorry about your bad experience.
We make our own chai latte
Using loose leaf chai tea & organic English breakfast tea. We sweetened it with a homemade syrup made with assorted spices (cinnamon, cardamom...,and add fresh ginger) we then steam the milk of your choice.
Please give a recommendation on brand or technique to improve upon.
We also make our own salted caramel syrup and sauce and I am very sorry it tasted burned.
I personally like the taste of our latte (just had one that my daughter made) and I drink it without sugar.
Please feel free to contact us or visit us next time you are around and we would be happy to offer you a drink, hopefully to your liking.
Thank you again for your comment. We will do our best to improve on quality.
Have a great summer.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to visit. We arrived just as they were closing. Yet they greeted us with smilies and prepared delicious sandwiches and mixed fantastic hot chocolate. Friendly, delicious, clean and welcoming. It's worth driving a long way. So if you are in the neighborhood, be sure to stop for breakfast or lunch.

1  Thank KamehamehaMN
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Stopped here in April to grab a coffee and do some research on my laptop. First off, the venue is awesome, it's the english basement of an old church. Second, the coffee and pastries are fantastic! Third and most important, the staff was super friendly and welcoming. Laura was working at the time and was a super sweetheart! She even remembered us from a day before at a different venue. She's awesome, stop in and say hello!

1  Thank nmk85roll
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Found this cozy little spot for a Wednesday lunch in February (after finding not many places open in Sister Bay). It was worth the hunt and the stop. Good selection of salads and a few sandwiches and wraps. Very friendly service.

1  Thank UWJJ