Scandinavian Lodge(Sister Bay)(Great Value!)
US$199
Parkwood Lodge(Fish Creek)(Great Value!)
US$159
AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites(Fish Creek)(Great Value!)
US$179
Homestead Suites(Fish Creek)(Great Value!)
US$185
Nordic Lodge(Sister Bay)
TripAdvisor
Priceline
All reviewsbreakfast roompool and hot tubdoor countydonutsfire pitcorn holewedding guestsbeautiful lawnking whirlpool roomolder parttoilet and showergreat conveniencenice continental breakfastnice roomgreat place to staywonderful hotelfruit and yogurt
Reviewed 22 October 2017

This is the first time I felt absolutely compelled to write a review for a hotel I stayed in. Over the past 30 years I have been travelling, I have stayed a number of awesome places and seen exceptional service. However I have never come across the level of integrity shown by the operators of Open Hearth Lodge.

My wife and I decided at the last moment, literally yesterday, to come to Door County to see the fall colors and eat fish boil. We have done this several times in the past. The only option we could find was Open Hearth Lodge on Hotels.com. During booking we saw a price which was higher than we expected and wanted to pay, however considering it was all last minute, we could rationalize.

When we were checking in this afternoon, the front desk manager/owner informed us that actually the price quoted was $130 more than what their rates are (as per him this happened due to some technical glitches), and our credit card has been charged only for the appropriate amount. This was a first !!!!

The staff has been great, and rooms are very nice.

Great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
OHLodge, Owner at Open Hearth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thanks for kind words and taking the time to write a review..

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Once again, we were planning a trip to Door county WI. As usual the last three years we have stayed at the Open Hearth Lodge in Sister Bay. It is clean, quiet, and well cared for. Twice we have stayed in the new lodge, once in the older part. My preference is the new lodge. Rooms are bigger and just more comfortable.
We have been to Door many times and this is the first ever that we have chosen the same hotel each time. I also like second floor, they do have an elevator. But my choice of second floor, is that usually people have no manners when it comes to walking hard on the floor . It will be my choice again when next we visit Door county and Sister Bay

Room Tip: Newer Lodge is my Preference
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
OHLodge, Owner at Open Hearth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you returning. Have a great winter.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This family really cares about their guests, as they were seen toting luggage to rooms and making sure that everyone was taken care of. We stayed there while we toured all over Door County, including going to Washington Island. They were very knowledgeable of things to do and places to go, and were very available and friendly.

The rooms are quaint, clean, and quiet. They have a small breakfast area, but a nice continental breakfast is offered as part of your stay. It has a nice, central location, and you an easily walk to downtown Sister Bay to all of the restaurants and other things to do, if you like to walk.

They have a fire pit and BBQ's outside, as well as corn hole and other games for families to play. Plenty of parking.

I would stay there again the next time I'm in Door County.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
OHLodge, Owner at Open Hearth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thanks you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I have stayed at the Open Hearth twice and have had great experiences both times. The owners are very warm and love getting to know you. The rooms are large, nicely appointed, and the beds are great. The breakfast bar has a decent variety without the usual hot items. It has a really interesting pancake maker. There are a lot of choices on the peninsula to stay, but this is a good one and worth the visit.

Stayed: September 2017
OHLodge, Owner at Open Hearth Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Clean Rooms, well appointed, comfortable beds and great location out of the way from all the traffic. We had a great vies of their back yard. The pool and hot tub area was clean and offered large towels. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple