US$100
Country Inn
Super 8 by Wyndham Sparta(Sparta)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
US$45
Justin Trails Resort(Sparta)(Great Value!)
US$239
Econo Lodge(Tomah)(Great Value!)
US$46
EconoLodge
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

All reviewspool areasparta traileggshamfitness centerhot breakfastbiscuits and gravyhot tubnice hotelbusy weekendexercise roombar foodother hotelsplace to staygreat stopstaff was friendlyroad trip
Reviewed 10 August 2015

This hotel is outside the city and very quiet. The hotel staff were very friendly. I was provided an upgrade to a very nice room at this hotel because of my Diamond status. The room was absolutely fantastic. I was on my way back from Sturgis bike week and was planning on getting on my way at 8:00 a.m. but the bed was so comfortable that I never woke up until 8:30 a.m. The restaurant had one of the best chicken salads that I have had. Keep up the goo work Sparta Trail.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
John H, Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Thank you for the review of the best Western Sparta Trail Lodge. I am happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us. I am glad we were able to give you an upgrade and that you enjoyed our onsite restaurant Brewski's Pub & Grill. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2015

Just finished writing my review after being contacted by e-mail from Best Western corporate in Phoenix to evaluate the Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge. As a lifetime diamond Best Western Rewards member, I gave this property a rare perfect 10 rating. Upon arrival at this lodge, there was plenty of parking. The check in took two minutes. I was given a room with a king bed. My elderly mother was given a handicap room, number 134. In my room, there were TVs in the sitting area and bedroom. There was also a small TV in the bathroom. Though I did not watch any television throughout my stay, it was an interesting feature. The room I had was clean, and I had a quiet night's rest. This hotel has an elevator. In the morning, I used the gym. The in-house fitness center had a treadmill, stationary bike, stair-stepper rowing machine, and weight machine. All the equipment worked. The full breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, potatoes, meat, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fruit, waffles, breads, and coffee and juices. Additionally, there were complimentary issues in the morning of the USA Today newspaper for hotel guests. All the staff encountered were courteous and friendly. No problems were encountered by either my mother or myself throughout our stay at this property. I will be staying here again when in the Sparta area.

Room Tip: I stayed in a nice large room, number 322, and had a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
John H, Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at The Best Western Sparta Trail Lodge. As a diamond member we are very happy that we met your expectations and seem to be above par with the other hotels in our chain. Thank you and we hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Bright clean pool is very inviting. Children & adults were full of glee. Staff is friendly & have positive attitudes. Always a good sign when employees are nice to each other. Rooms clean, cool & relaxing. Breakfast exceeded expectations with scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy and make-your-own waffles, etc. Actually, disregard above--not true--I want to be sure there's enough room next time we travel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review on your stay at the Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Our rooms were spacious and clean. We had two rooms next to each other. It was a busy weekend, and it appeared their cleaning staff was overworked, as we weren't able to check in until after 4:00 pm. The front desk woman was nice enough, but seemed a bit stand-offish on the phone when my sister called to see if we could check in before 3:00 pm. The bar/restaurant listed as an "on premises restaurant" was not open-except for being used as a typical breakfast nook for the morning. Don't go there hungry, hoping for a meal at the restaurant, because you will remain hungry! The pool looked well maintained and large. We did not use it, however. A party of over 50 bikers checked in shortly after we did. They were quiet as mice, or hotel has good noise protection, as we didn't hear a thing from them! Rock on, Harley Dudes!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
John H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Thank You for filling out a review about your stay at The Best Western Sparta Trail Lodge. I am very sorry we could not get you checked in before 3:00PM. There was a very large motorcycle group arriving that day and with generous check out time of 12:00 noon, it sometimes does not leave us enough time to turnover all the rooms. You do bring up a great point about "On premise restaurant", it should state that Brewski's Pub & Grill opens at 4PM daily. Thank you for your comments, I hope you will stay with us again so we can provide you with superior customer service.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

as a couple. handicapped room. king size bed. large. not bad
as a family. 2 queens - tight. room smaller than prior stay
pool-nice to see a well maintained pool or pools(3). one for each age group - nice.sauna too
breakfast-skip the hot (except making waffles). I think the eggs and ham come from the army camp located close by. rest is a usual simple continental breakfast. usually only open till 9. short on time.
Day staff...awesome. no issues. Night staff- a little odd. had one lady who wanted cash for a roll away and seemed to see extra towels as a managment approval needed item. Was odd.
Would have rated better if it wasnt for food and the one staff member

Room Tip: king room with handicap access. room is larger
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Thank You for staying with us at The Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge. I will try to answer some of your concerns about Night staff the best I can. It seems you booked your reservation through Expedia, in which the hotel does not receive your credit card information. Expedia issues their own credit card minus commission for your room and tax only. Rollaways are an extra charge of $10.00 a night. I think the front desk was just trying to collect for the rollaway, but in this case gave it to you complimentary for two nights. As for the extra linens for the room, all rooms are inventoried with a certain amount of towels. Hotel policy is that we just ask for room number to where extra towels are going so Housekeeping can properly inventory items. This should not have been an issue, so I do apologize for the front desk staff confusion. Hopefully you will stay with us again so we can give you better guest experience in the future.