All reviews state rate marriott brand clean hotel soft pillows bad experience state basketball tournament busy weekend parking lot take care front desk clerk free breakfast staff was friendly marriotts fridge jacuzzi highway trivia
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I have stayed at Fairfield Inn during Trivia Weekend for several years. Always had wonderful service and everyone was friendly and eager to take care of us. And then I stayed there last year. Never again.

I asked if I could get the state employee rate when I checked in. I gave the clerk my state ID and was told I could get that rate. When I checked out, my bill not only stated the regular rate but it also stated I had 4 people in the room. (there was one for two night and two for two nights). I complained to management about the price and was in essence told "It sucks to be you." Obviously not in those words but I was told that I was told I would be given the state rate in error and that because I booked through a 3rd party there was nothing they could or would do. Management was incredibly rude and unhelpful. Had I not been told I was getting the state rate, I would have been much less upset about the ordeal but due to the fact that this hotel did not care that I was given false information and offered me nothing, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Brenda S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Stevens Point Fairfield Inn in mind next time you stay in the area.

Steven Steinhauer

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot for business and stay in Marriott family of hotels over 100 nights/year. 99% of my stays are great. However, the Fairfield inn and Suites in Stevens Point, WI was the opposite. Beds that are terrible. They are in need of replacement and will leave you with back pain for days after you leave. The kicker was the shampoo bottle with about 5 mL of shampoo ledt in it. Really? My advice to site management is to get out of the hospitality game if you are too cheap to purchase new mattresses and provide terrible toiletries to your Platinum members. At least the place was very clean. But I recommend finding a Hilton property in the area, that's what I'll be doing next time I have business in Stevens Point.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Brenda S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Hi Nick,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to fill out a survey. We have shared your responses with the appropriate departments to correct the issues you encountered. We are sorry that we fell short on your last visit and for the inconvenience you experienced. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We picked this hotel due to it having a jacuzzi and pool. The first night was ok, not hot but warmer than the pool. We got up the next am and was excited to sit in the jacuzzi before checking out and it was ice cold. Lady at the desk said it must have trip the breaker and that it does that a lot. We were very dissapointed. The room was nice but there was a food container from 4 days prior still sitting in the fridge, we knew this because of the date on it. We brought it to the lady at the desk and she said "hmmm, thats weird, wonder how that happened?" So im not entirely sure I will be back anytime soon. The breakfast was good and the price was decent, but when you really need to relax and drink wine with friends in a jacuzzi it was a big let down.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tami B
Brenda S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Tami,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that we fell short during your recent stay at providing you the best possible stay.
We have shared your input with the proper departments to ensure this does not happen again.
We hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in the Stevens Point area again!

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is friendly - and if today was the first time I’d ever stayed I would give it a 4, but I’ve been staying at this particular hotel on occasion for over 3 years and have noticed it’s service decline slightly over that time.
The place the decline is the most noticeable is in the breakfast quality and selection. For years I would always see the same young lady setting up breakfast but the last few times it has always been a different person every morning and this very last stay the juice machine wasn’t working cause the lady setting up didn’t know how to turn it on and the sausages were still cold because the warming pan was off.
Nothing that is a deal breaker but it has been better in the past and most likely it will get back there.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul S
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Paul S,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point and for your continued loyalty. I'm pleased to hear you found our cleanliness and friendly staff to be good. However, I apologize that your experience with our breakfast was not what you're used to. Your comments will be shared with my team to keep others from having a similar experience. I hope that we can make up for this during your next trip to Stevens Point.

Steven S.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Room was clean, the staff was friendly, overall it's pretty much what you expect from a Fairfield Inn. I think my rooms thermostat was a little funky, as it was either too hot or too cold. Really my biggest complaint is the pricing here (probably due to lack of competition in the area), this was the most I have ever paid for a Fairfield Inn, or any hotel of this level. It's hard to believe how much this place gets for a room.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mspreh
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear mspreh,

Thank you for your review of our Fairfield Inn & Suites Stevens Point. We are pleased to hear that you found your room to clean and our staff to be friendly. Our apologies, however, for any disappointment with the rate you received. We work hard to monitor our rates and ensure we are remaining competitive with other hotels in our area as well as other markets similar to ours. Your comments will be passed along to our revenue team to ensure that our pricing is on point. If you should return to the area, we do hope that you will allow us another chance to host you.

Steven S.