“Good food and a lot of it”
Review of Falafel Guys

Falafel Guys
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Thiensville
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We were the only diners on a very cold, snowy evening. We ordered beers but the server brought out Miller Lite for my dining partner instead of what he asked for. I don't mind ML so we swapped. After we ordered our food the waitress brought out six little dishes of salads/side items as an appetizer. Good thing we hadn't ordered appetizers! We had Pargiot and the fish special. Both were good but the waitress got my side item wrong. I didn't complain because we had an array of food we couldn't finish anyway.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank _caw4short

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We had a wonderful experience at Falafel guys. We have enjoyed the food cart, but this was our first visit to the restaurant. Our group of five adult friends also included a baby and we were hoping for a family friendly experience. The wait staff was so friendly and accommodating - we felt very welcomed. The service was excellent, and no rush to get us out the door. The rendition of middle eastern favorites was well done (my eggplant sandwich was excellent) and we enjoyed the complementary meze that was provided as appetizers, and included 5 or 6 salads. The music selection was wonderful and added to the experience. The only downside was it was a very cold night and some members of our party got cold feet - ie they felt a draft.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I've been to this restaurant a few times, as well as their food truck. This review pertains only toward the restaurant, which I very highly recommend!

The location is low-key, in a former Pizza Hut set at the back of a shopping plaza area. Parking is free and plentiful, with easy street access on the north side.

Each time I have been here, I've been greeted almost immediately. Seating is flexible, with a spacious layout spanning the outer rim of the building, with the bar at the inner rim.

Food-wise, they use a fantastic mix of spices and sauces that make every item very, very tasty. I most highly recommend their shawarma sandwich. If you're a bit picky like me, you can request no salad/pickles/cabbage on it, and you essentially get an awesome sandwich on warm pita bread full of chicken thighs slathered in delightful sauce. They have a drink menu with quite a variety available, and a few specialty items like their Turkish coffee which are worth a try.

Service has been great at every visit. They have a mobile processing unit for payment, which speeds things along and is a nice touch for those who prefer electronic receipts. Everyone has been friendly, and at a moment where I dropped a utensil, our server almost instantaneously offered to grab a new one for me. Great attention to detail!

Prices are fair, and even their pricier options (such as the awesome/fun $30 meat platter) come with heaping portions. You really can't go wrong here!

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank hend6
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This was a great addition to the shortlist of interesting and quality dining opportunities in Mequon. Incredibly unique entrees that will take multiple visits to experience. We will definitely return whenever we are in the area. Excellent service and fair prices make things even better.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank yogiacomo
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Restaurant itself is not very inviting, but service is great and food is good. They have true middle eastern dishes, very friendly staff, and great cook.

Date of visit: August 2017